Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Providian CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Providian CO

Hello everyone, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Thanks to you guys I have had several deletions in the last few months, I am officially addicted to this forum and improving my credit worthiness.

I ran into some financial shortages some years ago and went south on three CC's. Two I settled a couple of years ago, I wish I knew about PFD back then but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Just need to look ahead.

The time has come to tackle the big one, an old Providian that went thirty days in '03 and CO in 05. As far as I know it was never sent to collections, only reporting by OC. Heck, even I forgot about it after all these years until I pulled my CR's. It had a CL of 4K but reports a high balance of 8.5K. I don't get it, is that all interest? Anyway it's incognito right now, but I would love to see it gone because I'm sure it's the reason I couldn't get a 7K car loan a few months ago.

Sorry for rambling on, here's my question. How should I dispute this without bringing to much attention to it. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to PIF or PFD anytime soon.

P.S.
Ironically, Wamu gave me a new 4K card 7 months ago, I had no idea they took over Providian. Guess they don't know about my boo-boo.

Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Providian CO

Chromerust wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Thanks to you guys I have had several deletions in the last few months, I am officially addicted to this forum and improving my credit worthiness.

I ran into some financial shortages some years ago and went south on three CC's. Two I settled a couple of years ago, I wish I knew about PFD back then but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Just need to look ahead.

The time has come to tackle the big one, an old Providian that went thirty days in '03 and CO in 05. As far as I know it was never sent to collections, only reporting by OC. Heck, even I forgot about it after all these years until I pulled my CR's. It had a CL of 4K but reports a high balance of 8.5K. I don't get it, is that all interest? Anyway it's incognito right now, but I would love to see it gone because I'm sure it's the reason I couldn't get a 7K car loan a few months ago.

Sorry for rambling on, here's my question. How should I dispute this without bringing to much attention to it. Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to PIF or PFD anytime soon.

P.S.
Ironically, Wamu gave me a new 4K card 7 months ago, I had no idea they took over Providian. Guess they don't know about my boo-boo.

Thanks so much!

If the account is accurate and reporting correctly, you don't dispute it.

The higher balance is more than likely due to interest, late fees, etc.

If DOFD is in 2003, then it will remain until 2010.

What is SOL in your state and is 2003 DOLA?

If the OC is showing a balance, then chances are they didn't sell it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

If the account is accurate and reporting correctly, you don't dispute it.

The higher balance is more than likely due to interest, late fees, etc.

If DOFD is in 2003, then it will remain until 2010.

What is SOL in your state and is 2003 DOLA?

If the OC is showing a balance, then chances are they didn't sell it.

DOFD is 9/03

I don't know for sure what the SOL in AZ is, but I think I remember seeing 6yrs in onother thread. Can anyone confirm this or tell me how to find out?

The account reports as purchased by another lender (Wamu)
Recent balance: NA

I'm afraid I made it easy for them to come and get me, since I have a new account with them. All I can do is hope it goes under the radar.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost forgot, I think the DOLA is 05/05. Is that the Date of status and Last reported on my EX?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chromerust wrote:
Almost forgot, I think the DOLA is 05/05. Is that the Date of status and Last reported on my EX?

DOLA= Date of Last Activity ...........date you last made a payment, used the card, etc.

Likely not to be report or reported correctly on your CR.

Is a CA reporting this account or just the OC?

If the OC sold the acccount, they should report a $0 balance.

Find SOL here -

Open Accounts SOL in Arizona is 3 years. Open accounts normally include CC.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

Chromerust wrote:

DOLA= Date of Last Activity ...........date you last made a payment, used the card, etc.

Likely not to be report or reported correctly on your CR.

Is a CA reporting this account or just the OC?

If the OC sold the acccount, they should report a $0 balance.

Find SOL here -

Open Accounts SOL in Arizona is 3 years. Open accounts normally include CC.

Ok, in that case the DOLA is 09/03.

Only the OC last reported the CO in '05. There is no activity since then. Yes there is a balance.

EQ does not report the account at all.

If the SOL is 3yrs, does that mean they can sue me for it anymore?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.