Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old charge off

In '07 I had an equity line charged off in the amt. of $25,000. The equity line was from my house that was foreclosed, due to a job relocation. A few years ago I received a discharge of mortgage for the equity line that states the account was paid in full, which I never did pay in full. I currently own a home and am looking to move, but I'm concerned about the charge off. On 2 of my credit reports they state that the charge off is still open with a balance, but 1 says it's closed and paid. I've tried getting the credit reports to show the account as closed, per the discharge, but they say that even with the discharge that its still an open account. My questions are...Is there anything I can do to get these credit reports to show the account closed, since I have a discharge? Why would the bank have sent me a discharge, when I never did pay it off? And also, will this charge off affect my getting an approval for a mortgage now? Thanks
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.