cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old collection

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
New Contributor

Old collection

I have an old collection reporting since 2014. It's with away collections. They refuse PFD and said if I pay then they do delete but will not send letter saying so prior to payment (ok...). This collection is for like $150. Is it worth it to just pay it so I can have the benefit of it at least reporting paid and no longer updating as negative each month? Or should I just wait the 2 more years for it to fall off. It's only reporting to EX and EQ.
FICO 8 as of 2 APR 2019

FICO 9 as of 2 APR 2019

Goal 700 across the board by 7/2021
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Old collection

Pay it, verbal agreement is just as enforcable as a written one. Some will never give written as its not a practice that is in favor with the CRAs.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 2