cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old judgment came back to haunt me...

tag
hallas
Valued Member

Re: Old judgment came back to haunt me...

I just found out that my university offers free legal services to students. I am making an appointment with them on Monday. Thanks. 

NCFU cashRewards Visa Signature ($15K) | NCFU CLOC ($10K) | Merrill + Platinum Plus Signature Visa ($12K) | Amex Everyday Preferred ($8K) | Discover IT ($6k) | SallieMae World MasterCard ($5K) | Wells Fargo Platinum Visa ($3K) | Wells Fargo College Cash Back ($800) | BankAmericard for College Students ($1.5K) | American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($1K) | PayPal Extras MC ($2.5K) | Kay Jewelers ($4K) | Capital One QS ($1.3k) | Capital One QS1 ($1.3K) | SECU Visa ($1K) | CareCredit ($2K) | WalMart Store Card ($1.2K) | Amazon Store Card ($2K) | Macy's ($1.3K) | Barclaycard Rewards ($3K) | Target Red ($500) | Bill Me Later ($500)
Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 12 of 14
hallas
Valued Member

Thanks, I certainly will. Smiley Happy 

NCFU cashRewards Visa Signature ($15K) | NCFU CLOC ($10K) | Merrill + Platinum Plus Signature Visa ($12K) | Amex Everyday Preferred ($8K) | Discover IT ($6k) | SallieMae World MasterCard ($5K) | Wells Fargo Platinum Visa ($3K) | Wells Fargo College Cash Back ($800) | BankAmericard for College Students ($1.5K) | American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($1K) | PayPal Extras MC ($2.5K) | Kay Jewelers ($4K) | Capital One QS ($1.3k) | Capital One QS1 ($1.3K) | SECU Visa ($1K) | CareCredit ($2K) | WalMart Store Card ($1.2K) | Amazon Store Card ($2K) | Macy's ($1.3K) | Barclaycard Rewards ($3K) | Target Red ($500) | Bill Me Later ($500)
Message 13 of 14
hallas
Valued Member

I spoke with a lawyer and he said insolvency is bankruptcy and he would not recommend that to me. He said it would take some time to get the judgment switched to my current county and then more time to process the papers to serve me at my new address. He said that once I have been served, we should be able to protect my vehicle and a checking account (because the only funds that go into that account are my financial aid refunds). Once I am in a better position, just to continue to make offers to settle the debt. That won't be for a while, but at least I can rest easy knowing I can keep my car and a bank account for the time being. Thanks, y'all!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.