cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? On CA that fell off now picked up by other.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? On CA that fell off now picked up by other.

Hey guys, it's blue again here on the forum. So last week I had one of my collections fall off and it was way before the 7 yrs. And sure enough I got a letter from another CA that I guess bought it or picked it up. What should I do at this point; should I send VD letter or leave it alone. Would really appreciate any advice on how to go about this issue. Thanks a million.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? On CA that fell off now picked up by other.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, it's blue again here on the forum. So last week I had one of my collections fall off and it was way before the 7 yrs. And sure enough I got a letter from another CA that I guess bought it or picked it up. What should I do at this point; should I send VD letter or leave it alone. Would really appreciate any advice on how to go about this issue. Thanks a million.

If it hasn't reported to the bureaus yet, I would settle up ASAP in exchange for not reporting.

Otherwise, it may likely show back up on your reports and can until it hits 7 years (whether it stays with same CA or keeps changing hands, they rarely just dissappear very early without coming back). You said way before the 7 years, so it is probably worth tackling now and keeping it off your reports!

Message 2 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings Jblue03 ~ Sorry to hear that another CA picked-up your account. I have a couple of questions regarding the new CA and your account.

• Who is the new CA? Perhaps they will accept a settlement and PFD so it can be gone forever!!!
  • What is the DOFD? To determine the approximate purge date.
  • What is the amount the CA claims is owed?

Wishing you success in resolving issue and the account being deleted from your file.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning from my part of the world. The new CA is IC SYSTEMS for 2200 and says that they would settle for 1200

The DOFD for this baddie is 6/23/19.

At the top it say that the OC and current creditor is T Mobile USA Inc.

Message 4 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greeting from my lil' rural country town that has grown from 979 residents to 25k within 5 years!!!Smiley Mad

You can always contact T-Mobile's Executive Office and ask that they recall the debt. It can be done because they did it for my daughter . . . Her bill was only $739.00 but it was done. Also, IC Systems - will PFD, allow 30-45 days for removal. Wishing you success in geting the item deleted . . . once -and- for all.Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with @Anonymous - if it isn't on your reports yet and you can pay it, call and ask to pay now in exchange for not reporting the debt. You may have to pay full price rather than settle but it's worth it to avoid another hit. I'd call today.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I call the OC which is T Mobile or the CA that sent the notice to me?

Message 7 of 9
kb2ehj
New Contributor

What you should do is pay the debt.  EIther in full or at the settled rate.

IC Systems will pay for delete

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I call the OC which is T Mobile or the CA that sent the notice to me?

You'd contact the CA to arrange payment in exchange for them not listing on your reports.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.