Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Record Until ... Actual Fall Off Month

tag
satio
Frequent Contributor

On Record Until ... Actual Fall Off Month

Having worked on my own credit score uplift and exhausting actions I can take other than ongoing management and time, I have been helping other family members with theirs.

If reports taken from annualcreditreport recite "On Record Until Dec 2019" for an account, should the item fall off some time in December or is it possible it may not be removed until January 2020?

It's December 2 and the derog account is still there.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: On Record Until ... Actual Fall Off Month

Usually its the exact date. You could do EE. But I wouldnt rock the boat since its so close it falling off. Relax and it will go poof.

Message 2 of 7
silver_idle
Established Contributor

It really hard to say for sure. It may be an exact date or it could be at any time in the month. Its usually the latter but you could always dispute the record or call in and request an EE, or just wait it out.

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Some of the CRA's also do monthly updates at the first of the month. So now until 1/1/20. You waited 7 yrs. Whats a few more days. Have a glass of wine.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
Chestnut1
Regular Contributor

Agree with FM1 here. you've waited 7 years. Waiting a month should be nothing for you. Don'tworry, it takes about a month for the CRAs to start updating these.

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Some of the CRA's also do monthly updates at the first of the month. So now until 1/1/20. You waited 7 yrs. Whats a few more days. Have a glass of wine.  Smiley Very Happy

11/10/18 EX: 540 TU: 525 EQ: 535
10/20/19 EX: 671 TU: 665 EQ: 671
11/07/19 EX: 676 TU: 673 EQ: 676
12/31/19 EX: 669 TU: 679 EQ: 673
01/06/20 EX: 670 TU: 682 EQ: 682
Paid Charge off to $0 in Dec 2019, reported Jan 2020
01/15/20 EX: 666 TU: 655 EQ: 660
02/07/20 EX: 676 TU: 668 EQ: 668
05/08/20 EX: 685 TU: 685 EQ: 682
05/18/20 EX: 690 TU: 685 EQ: 682
03/16/21 EX: 702 TU: 697 EQ: 700
04/20/21 EX: 705 TU: 700 EQ: 702
04/19/22 EX: 716 TU: 705 EQ: 716

Mortgage Middle Score 682 (Old)
Mortgage Middle Score 706 (New)
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the derogatory reporting under the account?

FCRA 605(a) specifies the maximun period after which a derog must become excluded.  It does not preclude a CRA from excluding earlier.

The "on record until" date provided by the CRA is their own expected exclusion date, which can be shorter than the full exclusion period.

If, for example,  the derog is a reported collection or charge-off, the max exclusion period of the derog is 7 years plus 180 days.

However, the CRAs routinely will exclude collections and charge-offs at 7 years, and not wait the additional 180 days permitted under the statute.  Lack of exclusion at the stated on record until date is thus not a violation, and the CRA could delay up to the full 7 years plus 180 days without any disputable violation.

Howver, if the derog is only a monthly deliquency, the "on record until" date provided by the CRA will be the full 7 year exclusion period under the FCRA, and thus it would require exclusion in the next month after the month/year exclusion date provided by the CRA.

The entire account would not necessarily become excluded under the FCRA unless the account remained delinquent when the individual derogs reached their exclusion dates.

Is the account paid (i.e., non delinquent), or does it remain unpaid (delinquent)?

Message 6 of 7
satio
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.

This collection account is for a future vacation package that was never used and therefore never paid for.

Certainly not planning to suggest to the person I am helping to do anything.

As most have stated, waited this long so another month or so is not an issue.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.