Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road to rebuild, would like some help with cleaning up my TU report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the road to rebuild, would like some help with cleaning up my TU report

Hello everyone, after purely being on reddit I saw a link to this forum and thought I'd best join up. The more information the better.

Been really taking repairing/rebuilding my credit seriously other the last few months. No particular reason (ie trying to buy a house) other than if I want to do something in life, I want to have that part covered. In the past I've gone over my EX report, would love to now hear some advice on my TU report. I'll try and provide as much information as it seems worthy, but if you'd like more please feel free to ask.

Accounts with Adverse Information
- Capital Bank. Date opened: 02/2017. Pay Status: Account paid in full: was a charge-off. Date updated: 5/27/2021. Recently paid this account off as it was a CO obviously, they would not do PFD.

- Capital One Bank USA. Date opened: 10/2015. Pay Status: Paid, closed. Was paid as agreed. Date updated: 9/28/2020. Old C1 secured card, I'm guessing the only reason it's in the "adverse" section is because I had a missed payment in May 2016 due to a job change that left me with less income for a month. Worth asking for a goodwill on the 30 day?

- Credit Concepts. Date opened: 4/2016. Pay Status: REPO. Date updated: 12/2020. Old car that got repo'd, they did get a judgement against me in court while I was out of the country. Trying to pay them off, but wanted to admittedly focus on the little ones first and then start making bigger payments here. Not sure why it's saying date updated was Dec 2020, I've made four payments since then.

- Reliable Credit Association. Date opened: 3/2015. Pay Status: Account paid in full, was a charge-off. Date updated: 5/2015. Old car between my ex and I. Marked as "joint responsibility" so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do but wait until 8/2022 for it to fall off my report?

- - Associated Credit. Date opened: 1/2016. Pay status: Account paid in full, was a collection. Date closed: 11/2015. Date updated: 5/24/2021. This is the collection agency for the above "reliable credit association" account. Sucks big time that this is double hitting me like this. Expected to fall off 9/2022.

- Verizon Wireless. Date opened: 4/2019. Pay Status: In collections. Date updated: 5/2021. Past due: $118. Old VZW account I thought I'd paid the final bill on. Tried talking to VZW directly, didn't work they just transferred me to the CA handling it. Spoke with them, they won't do a PFD, so I'm guessing settle in full would be my next best option?

- Verizon wireless. Date opened: 1/2019. Pay Status: in collections. Date updated: 5/2021. Past due: $716. Same old VZW account, this is just for the phone itself and not the bill. I thought my new provider paid it off when I switched companies, that's 100% on me for not confirming. Same thing, guessing settle in full would be my best option?

- Credit Collection Services. Date opened: 12/2016. Just paid this off last week, they agreed to a PFD. Waiting on that to reflect.

- Enhanced Recovery Company. Date opened: 5/2019. Pay status: in collection. Date updated: 5/23/2021. Balance: $774. Tried and tried and tried and tried but they refused to do a PFD. Settled in full for drastically less, just waiting on it to report to TU as such.

- I C Systems. Date opened: 5/2019. Pay status: In collection. Date updated: 5/23/2021. Balance: $397. Same as above, tried extensively but to no avail for a PFD. Settled in full for a fraction of the price, just waiting on it to report to TU as such.

- Renton Collections. Date opened: 3/2020. Just paid off last week, they agreed to a PFD. Waiting on that to reflect.

- Valley Empire Collection. Date opened: 10/2015. Pay status: In collection. Date updated: 5/21/2021. Past due: $0. This one hurts the most imo. This is an old utilities bill for $110 that I again thought I paid when I moved (on me for not double checking). Balance was $110. They got a judgement against me for $110 and so it's set to stay on my report till 5/2022.

Satisfactory Accounts

- Navy Federal CU X4. Two secured cards, two closed out pledge loans. Utilization at 12%, when the next update occurs I fully expect that to be less than 5%. I just learned about the AZEO method, so will be trying that out moving forward.

- Lenscrafter. Not a clue why this is on here cause it's over 11 years old.

- Credit Acceptance Corp. My current car loan.

- Wells Fargo. Old secured card.

- Sallie Mae. Student loans from freshman year when I had no scholarship. Also over 11 years old.

- Direct Loans Services. Same as above.

I've made quite the process since March where my TU was 455, it now sits at 585 as of a 5/20 before I started paying stuff down to $0 and the PFD I've done. But I don't want to slow down now. Any and all input is much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: On the road to rebuild, would like some help with cleaning up my TU report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, after purely being on reddit I saw a link to this forum and thought I'd best join up. The more information the better.

Been really taking repairing/rebuilding my credit seriously other the last few months. No particular reason (ie trying to buy a house) other than if I want to do something in life, I want to have that part covered. In the past I've gone over my EX report, would love to now hear some advice on my TU report. I'll try and provide as much information as it seems worthy, but if you'd like more please feel free to ask.

Accounts with Adverse Information
- Capital Bank. Date opened: 02/2017. Pay Status: Account paid in full: was a charge-off. Date updated: 5/27/2021. Recently paid this account off as it was a CO obviously, they would not do PFD.

- Capital One Bank USA. Date opened: 10/2015. Pay Status: Paid, closed. Was paid as agreed. Date updated: 9/28/2020. Old C1 secured card, I'm guessing the only reason it's in the "adverse" section is because I had a missed payment in May 2016 due to a job change that left me with less income for a month. Worth asking for a goodwill on the 30 day? Can try, its hard to get GW out of this bank

- Credit Concepts. Date opened: 4/2016. Pay Status: REPO. Date updated: 12/2020. Old car that got repo'd, they did get a judgement against me in court while I was out of the country. Trying to pay them off, but wanted to admittedly focus on the little ones first and then start making bigger payments here. Not sure why it's saying date updated was Dec 2020, I've made four payments since then. If they are reporting they have to report accurate info and that would included a decreasing balance.

- Reliable Credit Association. Date opened: 3/2015. Pay Status: Account paid in full, was a charge-off. Date updated: 5/2015. Old car between my ex and I. Marked as "joint responsibility" so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do but wait until 8/2022 for it to fall off my report? Leave it till it either updates on its own or it drops off, when it drops off you can settle for much less as long as its also past states SOL

- - Associated Credit. Date opened: 1/2016. Pay status: Account paid in full, was a collection. Date closed: 11/2015. Date updated: 5/24/2021. This is the collection agency for the above "reliable credit association" account. Sucks big time that this is double hitting me like this. Expected to fall off 9/2022.

- Verizon Wireless. Date opened: 4/2019. Pay Status: In collections. Date updated: 5/2021. Past due: $118. Old VZW account I thought I'd paid the final bill on. Tried talking to VZW directly, didn't work they just transferred me to the CA handling it. Spoke with them, they won't do a PFD, so I'm guessing settle in full would be my next best option? Yup and a CA cannot delete VZs TL only VZ can, if the CA isnt reporting make deal to pay in exchange for them not reporting their own TL

- Verizon wireless. Date opened: 1/2019. Pay Status: in collections. Date updated: 5/2021. Past due: $716. Same old VZW account, this is just for the phone itself and not the bill. I thought my new provider paid it off when I switched companies, that's 100% on me for not confirming. Same thing, guessing settle in full would be my best option? Yes

- Credit Collection Services. Date opened: 12/2016. Just paid this off last week, they agreed to a PFD. Waiting on that to reflect.

- Enhanced Recovery Company. Date opened: 5/2019. Pay status: in collection. Date updated: 5/23/2021. Balance: $774. Tried and tried and tried and tried but they refused to do a PFD. Settled in full for drastically less, just waiting on it to report to TU as such.

- I C Systems. Date opened: 5/2019. Pay status: In collection. Date updated: 5/23/2021. Balance: $397. Same as above, tried extensively but to no avail for a PFD. Settled in full for a fraction of the price, just waiting on it to report to TU as such.

- Renton Collections. Date opened: 3/2020. Just paid off last week, they agreed to a PFD. Waiting on that to reflect.

- Valley Empire Collection. Date opened: 10/2015. Pay status: In collection. Date updated: 5/21/2021. Past due: $0. This one hurts the most imo. This is an old utilities bill for $110 that I again thought I paid when I moved (on me for not double checking). Balance was $110. They got a judgement against me for $110 and so it's set to stay on my report till 5/2022.

Satisfactory Accounts

- Navy Federal CU X4. Two secured cards, two closed out pledge loans. Utilization at 12%, when the next update occurs I fully expect that to be less than 5%. I just learned about the AZEO method, so will be trying that out moving forward.

- Lenscrafter. Not a clue why this is on here cause it's over 11 years old.

- Credit Acceptance Corp. My current car loan.

- Wells Fargo. Old secured card.

- Sallie Mae. Student loans from freshman year when I had no scholarship. Also over 11 years old.

- Direct Loans Services. Same as above.

I've made quite the process since March where my TU was 455, it now sits at 585 as of a 5/20 before I started paying stuff down to $0 and the PFD I've done. But I don't want to slow down now. Any and all input is much appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to the board! On the ones that wont PFD start GW letter campaign to the office of their respective CEOs asking that it be removed once it updates to paid off status. You also need to open one more revolving credit card as 3 are needed in a rebuild to drive your Fico.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote

- Credit Concepts. Date opened: 4/2016. Pay Status: REPO. Date updated: 12/2020. Old car that got repo'd, they did get a judgement against me in court while I was out of the country. Trying to pay them off, but wanted to admittedly focus on the little ones first and then start making bigger payments here. Not sure why it's saying date updated was Dec 2020, I've made four payments since then. If they are reporting they have to report accurate info and that would included a decreasing balance.

- Reliable Credit Association. Date opened: 3/2015. Pay Status: Account paid in full, was a charge-off. Date updated: 5/2015. Old car between my ex and I. Marked as "joint responsibility" so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do but wait until 8/2022 for it to fall off my report? Leave it till it either updates on its own or it drops off, when it drops off you can settle for much less as long as its also past states SOL

Welcome to the board! On the ones that wont PFD start GW letter campaign to the office of their respective CEOs asking that it be removed once it updates to paid off status. You also need to open one more revolving credit card as 3 are needed in a rebuild to drive your Fico.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Hey Thank you for the welcome as well as the reply. I just have a couple questions.
 On the first reply, you said if they're reporting they have to report accurate info. Is there anything I can do with this? Because they haven't updated since December, quite obviously lol

The second reply, you said settle for less, but the account shows paid in full so I'm confused about that part.

Also, I'm trying to get a third CC, but keep getting denied. C1 pre-approved me, and still denied me. Disco same thing. I bank with BOA, they denied me for their secured card. So I'm kinda at an impass right now, because from what I've read on here, it's not worth my time to make that third card a sub-prime card.

Message 3 of 4
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Hello, I am new as well. It is interesting that you say that you have been focused on paying down you debt for the past few months. Did you know that Americans paid down a historical amount of credit card debt in 2020? The New York Federal Reserve reported that we paid down $108 billion, which is the most since 1999! In fact, we have paid down so much credit card debt that it is making the banks nervous. Some theorize that it was due to the pandemic, as most couldn't spend as much money or go anywhere, so they focused on paying down debt. The stimulus checks and enhanced unemployment helped to prevent us from defaulting on our debts, which is good for everyone. 

Welcome to the boards, and good luck on your rebuild. I will soon begin the rebuilding phase of my journey, and am learning a lot on these boards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.