Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On time payments (shortcut?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On time payments (shortcut?)

I'm trying to boost my on time payments before my Discover hits the 7th statement (and possibly unsecures).  I have an installment loan (Selflender).  If I am supposed to pay $25/month, but pay $250 this month, does that count as 10 on-time payments, or would it still count as one on time payment, but just reduce the life of the loan by 9 months?  I was thinking about trying it with $100 (4 months worth), but figured someone here may already know the answer.  I do plan on paying to where it reports under 10% right before Discover's 7th statement for the small bonus provided by having an installment almost paid off. 

It appears Discover unsecures for people with over 625 score (improved since obtaining Discover), high usage (but pays it off each month), and no new accounts.  That's just my take from others' posts/threads.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

Re: On time payments (shortcut?)

As far as I know, it would only count as one larger payment and reduce the balance.  

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 2 of 4
2Hogrider
Established Member

I'm sorry to tell you but all that you will do by paying more than what your payment is will be to reduce your overall balance. and the payment will only count as "ONE" on-time payment.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was afraid of that.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.