cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once I rebuild enough to get Amex, will account age backdate because of older corporate card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I rebuild enough to get Amex, will account age backdate because of older corporate card?

I know that when someone gets a new Amex after having an older one, the history of the account shows since the original open date for the older one. Does the same thing happen when someone had a corporate card? I've had once since 2012. I'm hoping that once I rebuild credit enough to app and get an Amex, I could bolster my age of the account this way. When I log in, it says card member since 2012.

I imagine it wouldn't work that way, but it sure would be nice. Any thoughts, experts? Smiley Happy 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Once I rebuild enough to get Amex, will account age backdate because of older corporate card?

I only have one Amex, so can't answer that,  I would post question in Credit Card forum.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/bd-p/creditcard

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Once I rebuild enough to get Amex, will account age backdate because of older corporate card?

Yes, actually "D" does get backdated. All you need to do is to call in and they will send you a replacement one if the one you got does not have that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.