cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

tag
ji9
Regular Contributor

Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

Just wondering, if a disputed item has been removed from your credit report can it come back again?  I've disputed some items and they have been removed, just wondering if I need to worry about them coming back again and again. 

Also, if an item could not be verified and was removed from one CRA is it a pretty good chance that if disputed with the other CRA's they will remove as well?

This formum has helped me so much in the last month, thank you to everyone who contributes!    Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 608 (TU) 612 (EQ)
Current Score: 679 (TU) 679 (EQ)
Goal: 760 on all
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

The item can only be re-incerted if verified accurate. And you must be notified that it is hitting your report again. By law credit bureaus MUST share corrected info with each other that includes deletions. FCRA 1996.
Message 2 of 11
ji9
Regular Contributor

Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ji9 wrote:

Just wondering, if a disputed item has been removed from your credit report can it come back again?  I've disputed some items and they have been removed, just wondering if I need to worry about them coming back again and again.  Yes.  I've had accounts fall off of a report and then reappear.  So has DH.  I've never received notification that an account is "coming" back.  Be sure to only dispute inaccurate information.  

Also, if an item could not be verified and was removed from one CRA is it a pretty good chance that if disputed with the other CRA's they will remove as well? IME, each CRA will respond independently.  I've had one account corrected easily on two CRA's and stubbornly remain inaccurate on the remaining CRA.  

And again, just a reminder to be sure to only dispute inaccurate information on your CR's.  

This formum has helped me so much in the last month, thank you to everyone who contributes!    Smiley Happy

ji9 - Hope that's helpful!

Message 4 of 11
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

what if the collection you had deleted was a paid collection? I called the CA and the rep told me to dispute it. It was deleted, would they have any reason to add after all that?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
ji9
Regular Contributor

Disputed many items that turned out to be accurate.  There were so many things on the reports that the companies had changed names and/or merged with another that I didn't recoginize so I disputed anything I was not certain of.   None had any balance as were all part of BK.  Also had a couple that were listed twice with the same account numbers that sort of thing.  There are acouple that I still don't think were mine that verified and then some deleted that after looking through all the paperwork I think were valid so it's kind of strange.   Was not trying to dispute anything that I knew was valid but wanted to get it cleaned up as much as possible of anything that wasn't mine.  One of the items that deleted was a judgement, they had it listed twice, I disputed and they deleted both of them.  Again, these had zero balance because of the BK.   Thanks for the replies, I appreciate any feed back at all.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have disputed the accuracy of information in your credit report with one CRA, the outcome of the dispute is the key item.

If the disputed information simply went  unverified, then the furnisher is required to either correct the information or report its deletion to the CRA conducting the dispute process.  If the dispute concluded with a specific finding by them that the information was incomplete or inaccurate, that triggers, under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D), their obligation to additionally report those results to ALL CRAs to which the information has been previously reported, and not just back to the CRA through which the dispute was conducted.

Reinsertion of information follows the same general flow.  If prior deletion resulted from a consumer dispute, the information cannot be reinserted by the CRA unless the CRA complies with the restrictions set forth in FCRA 611(a)(5)(B),  The request for reinsertion must be accompanied by a certification of its accuracy by the party doing the reporting, the CRA must accept that certification, and the CRA must send you notice within 5 days that they have reinserted the information.

Again, the key is how the dispute was concluded.  Was deletion clearly a result of lack of verification or a finding of inaccuracy on their part.

Message 7 of 11
ji9
Regular Contributor

was Re: Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

I think it was probably both reasons.  I would suspect that some were deleted simply because they could not be verified but some were clearly not ours and were deleted.  I guess we will have to just wait and see what happens.   Thank you for the explaination.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
ji9
Regular Contributor

Re: was Re: Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

Also, curious now.   What type of experience have others in the forum had with this.   Would love to know what type of experience others may have with deleted items and if they have ever come back or if that is a rare occurance. 

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: was Re: Once an items has been deleted can it come back?

I've never had the EXACT same OC or CA re-report after a dispute, but many times I've had new CAs report the same debt after these new CAs purchased that debt.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.