Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Amex Oasis card - Two TLs: 1 good, 1 bad

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Amex Oasis card - Two TLs: 1 good, 1 bad

Hi All,

I've posted this before but thought I would ask again:  I had a Amex CO TL which after paying, was updated appropriately to "Paid".  After, I was offered an Oasis cad which I gladly accepted in order to return to their good grace.  I now have a new TL on my CRs listing the the opening date as the original "Member Since" date and is reporting with "Paid as agreed" for the past ~1 1/2 months yay!  However, I still have the old PIF CO with Amex as well which of course, is a negative TL.

Those of you with an Oasis: does Amex automagically remove the the old TL leaving only the current account, did you GW for deletion, or does it simply hang around like old luggage for the full 7 years?

You guys are great ... thanks in advance!

~Recovering in Seattle (despite the Seattle Freeze lol)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: One Amex Oasis card - Two TLs: 1 good, 1 bad

There are examples of people who have successfully GW'd AMEX into removing paid CO accounts. If you leave the account alone eventually the lates will fall off and it will be positive after 7~7.5 from the DOFD.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yes, I've seen those too but I haven't seen any with a new TL from the Oasis card only one TL from a PIF CO.  I was just wondering what others had experienced when their Oasis began reporting.  I figured, if it remains after about three months I will begin GW'ing the heck out of it but if usually falls off shortly after the new TL, I'll just twiddle my thumbs while I patiently wait Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I got AMEX to remove the neg comments about 2 years of it showing on my reports thru a GW letter. I found them great to work with.

I just got another 3 x CLI just the other day only 4 yrs after hitting the bottom so GW them and give it some time.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard they're pretty good at GW's on active accounts.  Glad it worked for you Smiley Happy  You mentioned receiving a CLI - is your card an Oasis?  I didn't think they support CLIs for Oasis.  Either way, I think I'll give it another month or two and begin GW'ing for deletion of the account.  Meanwhile, I have several other GWs in transit for other accounts and am keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 6
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

AMEX offered me an Oasis thru their collection arm but I didn't take them up on it.  Mostly I thought it was a collection gimmick.  I thought how could they offer me another card when I was 2 months late paying them so much money.  That was before I found this board  - I didn't even know what Oasis was and I did not go for it.

I was so embarrassed to find myself in that mess. 

Then I started slowly first with a Corporate card to get back in the door and got approved over time got 4 others.  Now I have more credit with them again then I would ever use.   The best cards with nice credit lines.  All it took was paying them back, throwing yourself on the AMEX sword Smiley Very Happy and time. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.