Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Lawsuit after the next!!!

tag
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

One Lawsuit after the next!!!

What should I do now. I thought I would get a breather to get through this lawsuit with Asset first. A few weeks ago I talked about my Chase CO account. I contacted Chase to PFD but they refuse to handle the matter saying my account was transferred to a CA. I did not hear anything from the CA they mentioned. Now, today I got a call on my Job from "Daniel & Norelli" I was shocked and surprised that they called me at work. I never even heard about this lawfirm. OK. I called the lady back. She stated that its for my Chase Account and Chase is sueing me. I asked her what account and how much. She stated for 2400.00 for a chase MC because my last payment was in Sept06. I told her I would need to verify that debt because I believe that is incorrect. She asked if I didn't receive any letter and I told her no. Which is the truth. I asked her for the address of the lawfirm and she kept asking me what i need to send. I told her I need to send a letter. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes and never came back, so I hang up.

Now for the laugh. A few minutes later a new call came in to the Receptionist. She is new and would direct all the calls to me since the Manager is out. The receptionist transfer the call to me and I answered. It was from the same Lawfirm but this time a male. I asked him how can I help and he stated he's just inquiring about they type of business the company does. I told him the person who would answer that is not available. He asked what the person name and I told him to give me his name and number and pass the message on. He stated his name was Donavan. I asked him his last name and he refused to gave it. Then he was getting rude and pushy and I was getting hot with him too so he hang up!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE. IS THIS WHAT LAWFIRMS AND CAs go through just to get some money. I am typing up and Cease and Decist Letter right now. Can someone send me the template?

What should I do now????? I also want to pay this dept but cannot deal with another judgment, if that's what they're planning to do. HELP!!!
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Re: One Lawsuit after the next!!!

If Chase told you to deal with the CA, then I don't believe that they are suing you. It's a scare tatic by the CA, AND it's ILLEGAL and a VIOLATION! Write down the dates and times and who you spoke with, If they call again I would try to record the call, and get them on tape saying Chase is suing. You'll have to check your state laws on phone recordings. IMO they are digging themselves in a hole. I think you have a chance to go after these guys. I'm sure someone with more experience will help you more.

Good Luck!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase reporting on your CR? If so, are they reporting a balance? This is a good way to find out if they own the debt or not.

Message 3 of 8
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Ralbusta I never heard from the CA!!! All I know this lawfirm is trying to sue me. The kept calling my job 3 times today, 3 different employees asking questions. I called them back during my lunch and cursed them out. I told them I'm getting an attorney and that I am aware of the Fair Dept practice. The guy try to be nice to me saying I don't have to go that route and I can make a settlement with them. I told him I did not owe the 2400. He offer to settle for 1800 and I said no. I will only settle for what i know I owe and what I can pay. He say he would make a note that I refuse to pay because the Creditor will not accept less than that. So I'm here bursting my brain about the next step. sidewinder, Yes. Chase is still reporting a balance of 2400 on my CR. That's why I contacted them, but the CA they referred me to never even called me or send a letter, so how come I'm being contacted on my Job by an attorney?
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are going through this. When I first started repair, CAs were coming out of the woodwork. I felt lower than a pregnant ant then.

Don't talk to the CA and wait for the dunning letter to come from them. Per the FDCPA, they must send you one within 5 days. I'd say if you didn't get one within 12 days (weekends in play; delays the mail), then I would DV them without it. I would also search their state's bar association to see if this attorney is licensed. I would also search for their history, for example, are they lawsuit prone.
Message 5 of 8
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

After doing a little research on Daniel & Norelli, they are debt collectors. I read that they are affilaited with Collect America. By chance was that the name of the CA that Chase referred you to? If not maybe CACH, LLC?

Anyway I read that they are prone to sue and seek garnishment. Look them up on Google, there are a lot of nightmare stories about them. I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Chase is still reporting a balance, then they either still own or didn't update as they should. I'd bet that they still own, which means they have to give permission to sue.

I would call Chase back, don't mention calling before.

Ask about the account, see what they can tell you. When they tell you that you must contact the CA, ask them for the name of the CA. When they tell you, ask them if they have sent the account to that attorney's office you have mentioned or if they(Chase) has given the green light for a lawsuit.

What is DOLA? What is your SOL?
Message 7 of 8
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Ralbusta, I did research them as soon as I received their call, and yes I saw all the negative feedback so I'm a bit scared about them going after my account or wages. I believe they pulled my CR and that's how they found out about my Job. Sidewinder, Chase finally updated my bal on the CO to 0, and the comments stated that it was sold to another vendor. As you know all, I received from the Vendor was a phonecall. Chase have the DOLA as april08. My last payment was in Sept06. No activity was done on the account at that time. I really wished I had found this forum before they sold the account. Now all these crabs are coming out of thier holes. It is so stressful!!!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.