Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Year Into Rebuild

tag
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

One Year Into Rebuild

June 2016 I had every score under 500- FICO, VS3, and whatever Mint uses through Equifax. 

June 2017- all VS3 scores are over 700 and my FICO8 scores are about to cross over 700 as well.

To all the people starting their rebuild- keep at it and you will get there. You build one month at a time,and it will take time to get there. Your scores will rise and fall with almost no discernible sense. You will be happy and aggravated depending on which it is that month, but keep at it. Pay your bills, live within your budget, and it will get better. 

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Year Into Rebuild

Congrats on your success so far! Thats awesome. 

I'm a year and a half out of my BK7 and I just started rebuilding last month and also had a decent jump in scores.  TU is the only score under 600 now (currently waiting on them to finalize a dispute that my mortgage is not a closed credit card.  It is open current and has never been late - even leading up to and during the bankruptcy.)  Hoping to see a decent score improvement once that is settled.  It's hard work and discipline, but its worth it. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Year Into Rebuild

Can you tell us how you did it?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.