Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One dispute is your last dispute?

tag
Twix
Valued Member

One dispute is your last dispute?

I am wondering something - several months ago I disputed a collection because the balance report was incorrect.  Came back verified.

Anyway on this same collection I recently did a PFD, which has not actually resulted in a deletion.

My question is this - because I previously disputed, if I send a copy of the PFD letter an an attempt to get it deleted, will the CRA not even look in to it because I previously disputed it once before?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One dispute is your last dispute?

Copy of your PFD letter isn't what you need to send them.

You need to send them the letter where the CA agreed to delete and proof of your payment.

When did you pay? It may just be that there hasn't been time for it to be deleted yet.
Message 2 of 5
Twix
Valued Member

Sorry I meant the letter they sent me saying they would delete.

Well I did the PFD over two months ago.  The letter they sent (proposal) said payment in 50% would release me from the debt in full, and that they would delete from all CRAs.  Then after I paid they sent a letter saying they would delete.

However, since that time all they have done is update to CRAs and now it says I've paid 50%, but still lists the other half of the balance as past due (which the proposal specifically said I would not be liable for anymore) AND they haven't deleted.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First.......make sure that the wording is exact!!!  it must state  we wll delete all referance to this account    (it needs to sound like that)

In the letter about the 50%    it should give an amount also  or they may come back and say you owed more

PFD letters must be worded just right. Usually when the CA answers  they try to screw the wording.like and may mean something else.

Send a letter to the CA  CMRRR  copy of both letters that you have.....give them 5 days to delete or you will have your attorney use all legal remendies needed to correct and compensate you as this is hurting you credit.
Message 4 of 5
Twix
Valued Member

The letters are pretty solid.  One of them says they will "completely delete from all CRAs".  The specific amount I am to pay is also listed.  I also have proof of payment.  So the letters are pretty solid.

I've already tried to get them to actually delete as promised, and they refuse to talk to me.  So I am counting on the CRAs to delete once they see the letters they wrote.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.