Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One negative on my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One negative on my CR

Hi,  

Please bear with me, I'm new here.  I have one negative showing up on my credit from almost 5 years ago.  It was sold to a collection agency about 4 years ago.  I recently contacted the original creditor to see if they would be willing to accept a pay for delete.  They transferred  me to the collection agency that bought it.  I asked them the same and was told that I have no further obligation to pay and they had ceased collecting.  I received a letter from the CA today stating the same.  How can I get this removed?????????? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DM  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: One negative on my CR

Dispute the collection on your report and submit that letter as evidence. Bing. Bam. Boom. 

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If they have no authority to collect per CRA rules they must remove their entry. As the other poster suggest dispute on this basis.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I do not have a collection any longer on my CR, only the original creditor's $400 charge off from 2013.  This is my only negative item.  The CA sent me a letter saying "We have closed your account and ceased collections.  You have no further obligation regarding this account."  Is there any way to get the original creditor to remove the tradeline completely? 

Thank You,

David

Message 4 of 6
Thaitea007
Regular Contributor

Who is the Creditor of this account?
Starting Fico (6/29/18):EX 610, TU 595, EQ 603
Fico (9/1/18):EX 620, TU 599,EQ 631
(10-1-18) EX 630, TU 607, EQ 641
Goal: 670(Jan'19)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Bank.  I think the account was from 2012 but was last reported in 13 or 14.  Since then I haven't missed a payment on anything and have about 15-20  tradelines all reporting positive.  The letter I received it clearly states "This communication is from a debt collector, this is not an attempt to collect a debt."  I am trying to get to FICO 800+ but can't help but wonder if this is holding it back.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.