cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One step forward and one step back...all in the same damn day!

tag
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

One step forward and one step back...all in the same damn day!

Earlier today I was celebrating that my TU is finally completely baddie free but then I get home and check the mail and there is a collection letter from Dynamic Recovery Solutions wanting me to pay a debt from July 2010!! 

It says it's a medical debt but I can honestly say I really don't know what it is and have never been contacted by anyone about this debt until today. I don't know what to do..it isn't on my credit report and I don't know how to make sure it never goes on there. 

I need advice please! I've read these people are rude and bottom dwellers and it almost feels like a scam to me. I live in Texas.

Tyia

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One step forward and one step back...all in the same damn day!

@Cheshiregrl wrote:

Earlier today I was celebrating that my TU is finally completely baddie free but then I get home and check the mail and there is a collection letter from Dynamic Recovery Solutions wanting me to pay a debt from July 2010!! 

It says it's a medical debt but I can honestly say I really don't know what it is and have never been contacted by anyone about this debt until today. I don't know what to do..it isn't on my credit report and I don't know how to make sure it never goes on there. 

I need advice please! I've read these people are rude and bottom dwellers and it almost feels like a scam to me. I live in Texas.

Tyia

If you google Dynamic Recovery Solutions, many people are saying it's a scam so be careful what info you give to them

The letter from DRS should say something like you have 30 days to dispute the debt.

I would write them a DV and see if they can even come up with it at all

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure they can produce proof of the debt. Don't delay too long in sending your dispute.

Message 3 of 5
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

The notice does say I have 30 days to dispute so I am definitely going to send a DV letter. What I've read I'd that they usually don't respond back so as long as I never hear from them they won't be able to report it right? This is such bs! I really feel scammed. How does this pop up 5 years later?

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can send a normal DV request under the FDCPA.

However, since you are a resident of Texas, you also have the provisions of the Texas Finance Code to rely upon.

I would highly recommend that you also, or alternatively, send a DV request under Title 5, Section 392.202 of the TX Finance Code.

It has two primary provisions not included within the federal DV process.... namely, the requirement that they must respond within 30 days, and if, in that response, they do not provide the requested validation, they must delete theri collection.

If they report, or if they have not yet reported, then the provisions of the TX Finance Code will expressly prevent inclusion in your credit report until they have valiated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.