Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Dispute with EX and EQ in 2017

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Online Dispute with EX and EQ in 2017

Good morning all,

Has anyone had good luck with disputing baddies on the EQ and EX late December and this year, 2017? I want to dispute two judgements as the items were disputed on CK with TU without a glitch. Just getting these incorrect items off my reports would  help clean my report and up my scores.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Online Dispute with EX and EQ in 2017

I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking. e.g. the significance of December/January...

The 3 have always functioned independently and what shows one place may not show on another...and where one may delete, another may not.  I have 2 judgments; one due to fall off 6/17 the other 5/18. I called TU in January and asked for EE on the one due to fall off this June. Well, they ended up deleting both. I have always read that EQ has to be a month out but I noticed the date on the older one was wrong so I disputed it for accuracy. Both judgments deleted. 

They are both still showing on my EX report. I have read that they will delete 3 months early and planned to call them in March. We will see.

I always dispute directly through the credit bureau site though, I've never used CK or any outside site to dispute. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I know they are indepedent of each other. I just asked have any one disputed with CRA's onlione with success with a judgement. I was thinking about just writing to the CRA but wanted to get some data point.

@MrsCHX wrote:

I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking. e.g. the significance of December/January...

The 3 have always functioned independently and what shows one place may not show on another...and where one may delete, another may not.  I have 2 judgments; one due to fall off 6/17 the other 5/18. I called TU in January and asked for EE on the one due to fall off this June. Well, they ended up deleting both. I have always read that EQ has to be a month out but I noticed the date on the older one was wrong so I disputed it for accuracy. Both judgments deleted. 

They are both still showing on my EX report. I have read that they will delete 3 months early and planned to call them in March. We will see.

I always dispute directly through the credit bureau site though, I've never used CK or any outside site to dispute. 

Message 3 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A dispute requries identification of a specific asserted inaccuracy, and some basis to support your assertion.

That is normally difficult with a judgment, as a finding by a court is not subject to review of its accuracy by a CRA.

A judgement is based on a trial, and is binding unless appealed.

What is the asserted inaccuracy in the judgment?

Message 4 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

The inaccuracy is one judgement has my cost as the item paid and just list the court cost of $75 dollars form SCIL or SpeedyCash. The other judgement is from Capital one for $592 and sates paid as agreed and is opened. I have a letter from Capital one and the local county stating the jusdgement has been satisfied as of 1/2016. Only time can take care of baddies on my reports but at least it should report whats correct or not at all. 

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just got my EXP online dispute results today and they deleted 3 of 4 judgements. I provided no proof of anything, just requested deletion & it was done. They had all been paid. The 4th, I sent in a copy of the satisfaction and am hoping they will delete those tooo.

I also did online requests with TU and EQ in the last 30 days with 100% success on judgement deletions. Still waiting on old CO's to come off of EXP & EQ.

TU score went from 670 to 780 (clean report). EQ went from 660 to 710 (still shows a few old CO's). Not sure on EXP yet. Prob won't see much til everything bad is gone.

As I understand it, the CB's are more willing to remove PR's than they have been. There's a thread somewhere that talks about how their method of verification is different. It may not be true but I've had much more luck lately than in the past.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to add - 2 of my PR's weren't set to fall off until 2021 so they were deleted years early by all 3 CB's
Message 7 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Thanks Cam for sharing your experiences on online disputes. I will get this going soon.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a CCT notice that my report had changed. I logged in and ALL 4 of my public records were DELETED by Experian!!!!  I am sooooooo happy right now.  That means I have gone from 3 reports collectively showing 12 Public Records (all the same ones) to 3 reports showing only 1 Public Record, all in about 6 weeks  That last one is my fault because I just didn't include it in my last EE request (total accident).  I am waiting another month or so before submitting another request and that one will be gone too.  Two of these were not set to be removed until 2021 so to have these figurative (and literal in a way) chains gone so much sooner than expected is...it just leaves me speechless at this moment.  

Now, if only my GW email reqeust to the Credit One CEO will work, I will also be free of my last  "late" payment that is reporting.  That is the main thing keeping my EQ and EX scores down. TU already removed it.   I got a 68 point TU jump once evertyhing finally fell off, then another 24 pts a few weeks later (now 780).  I can't wait to see what will happento t he other two. My EQ score just jumped 36 points on Tuesday (now 710) for no reason at all that I can see so now my EXP is the only one not above 700 (it's 686, got a 16 pt jump from the PR's being deleted).  A far cry from the 510's that my scores were stuck in just 15 months ago.  

THANK YOU MY FICO FAMILY!!! I would not be here at this point without all of the invaluable advice I have gotten here!! 

Message 9 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success with online deletions. I called an CO that just reported an item to all the CRA's. They are doing a PFD and I have this in writing. Also, they submitted to all the CRA's to delete the items off of my reports and formally apologize for any inconvenience. I will see in th enext few days. May big drops were made up with good changes in my reports anyway. I will submit the items this week. I had to find a few documents for proof to send along with my disputes. Hopefully, I get in the 700"s when these fall off.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.