Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online disputes via Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online disputes via Equifax

So what does this mean and how in the world did it only take 3 days for them to come back with this? I used the online dispute center for Equifax on 06/30 (eve)

EquifaxAccount Information 07/01/2008
 The following changes were reported for your LVNV FUNDING LLC account:- Date Opened Changed from N/A to N/A Past Due Amount Changed from N/A to N/A

The following changes were reported for your GEMB/JC PENNEY account:- Past Due Amount Changed from N/A to N/A

The following changes were reported for your CAPITAL ONE account:- Past Due Amount Changed from N/A to N/A

WTF does N/A mean and if it isn't available then why in the world is it still there?

Now on my CR it lists these items as being reported on 06/08 and 07/08 instead of the '05/06 dates that were there.

All of these were Paid collections....anyone have a clue what this means and what my next course of action should be?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Online disputes via Equifax

The same thing happened to me. Especially with the LVNV account but my dispute isn't complete. This is the alert you received from SW right?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this alert from Equifax on their online dispute page, they give updates each time something changes.

How do I know if this is complete or if this is just the beginning? Seems strange that they could respond so quickly. I have written letters going out as well but I don't know if it will change anything, I'm new to all of this.
Message 3 of 7
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm, I didn't know EQ sent out alerts on the dispute page. I've never seen that. Can you send me the link? I received similar alerts when I first disputed with EQ but my alerts came through Score Watch. When I check the dispute status, it says still pending.

You can check the status of an EQ dispute at:

Sorry I had put the wrong link at first, try this one:

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/jsp/results.jsp

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-03-2008 11:40 AM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been so frustrated with EQ. I did an online investigation with them on 6/17... they sent me an email on 6/19 claiming it was completed. They sent me a link, to a link, and so on... until I wound up with a .pdf copy of their ultra-simplified results, which didn't tell me much about what they had even fixed. (if anything)

So, I sent those bogus .pdf results back to them via CMRRR today with another dispute letter, and I included 'proof' to show their so-called investigation process had verified my information incorrectly. Disputing online with them was basically a big waste of time for me... that is, it didn't really get me anywhere. Also in my dispute letter, I requested a *complete* written copy of my updated results after they finish their investigation.

So, did you get a .pdf copy of their results? If not... they might still be working on it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Sometimes when they receive disputes they make temporary changes to the accounts while they are investigating the item in question...happend to me as well!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.