Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open sky ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open sky ?

Anyone know the address where I can do a pay for deletion for open sky? I have tryed calling them but they are something else. They tried to tell me they don't do that. I'm sure someone has the answer to my problem. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Open sky ?

Is there a "this address for PFD"?  No, but there are several addresses for them if you would care to send letters to, hoping for a positive response (ala goodwill saturation).
They have three addresses on their contact page here: https://www.openskycc.com/common/contact

In addition, there's the one to contact them that should be listed on your credit report/s

1 CHURCH ST STE 100
ROCKVILLE, MD 20850
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Never seen anyone ask for this. Or anyone who was successful getting a PFD. Its a secured card. So how much over from what you put down do you owe?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help but that wasn't very helpful
Message 4 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

You should listen to those who know what thery are talking about.   Original creditors do not do "pay for deletes."   It violates their contracts with the credit reporting agencies and by doing so they denigrate the whole credit reporting system.   Imagine if every creditor did this?   It is called a "quid pro quo."

Another technique that MIGHT work is to simply pay it off and then start the saturation technique with goodwill letters.   At that point they have already been paid so there is no trade.   It's simply up to their good graces, which they almost never do.

Collection agencies are a whole different class(less) group of people.  PFD's are common with collection agencies, but that may not remove the original chargeoff reported by the original creditor.   

If your comment was referring simply to the address, you have a point about it not answering your question.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

ceoemail.com

Message 6 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

"Open Sky" is actually Capital Bank (not to be confused with Capital One Bank).   I would look up both names if you can't it listed under OpenSky.

Message 7 of 13
niceassets
Valued Member

Ch-7 Rebuliding... are you saying it's fairly easy to get PFD from collection agencies? 

I have one, under $700 on all 3 bureaus that's hurting my score. I'd gladly pay a settled price if they would agree to delete. 

Should I simply write them and ask to "make a deal" or is there some risk in doing so?

4/20/2020 - EQ 646, TU 596, EX 596
Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Which collection agencies is your debt with? 

Message 9 of 13
niceassets
Valued Member

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY
120 CORPORATE BLVD STE 100
NORFOLK, VA 23502
4/20/2020 - EQ 646, TU 596, EX 596
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.