cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Rebuild Journal - Advice welcome!

tag
LadyLeah
Contributor

Re: Operation Rebuild Journal - Advice welcome!

Also: at what point does a credit card move from adverse/negative to a positive account? 

Last year, I had a few lates on my CapOne card, back when I had no idea that being late actually mattered. I know, I know. And trust me, now that I know, I do realize how dumb that sounds. But I really didn't know that being late was the end of the world in FICOland. 

I pay my bill in full and on time, and I did prior to those lates as well. How long before it is moved back into the positive side of my credit report?

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

Got a small bump of +5 pts in my TU FAKO via CK today as a result of the Sprint account being removed. I'm curious as to how that will affect my FICO. 

And wondering when this NCO/Progressive will drop off. They said they removed it in December 2013, but it's still on the report. Should I dispute with the CRAs?

Message 22 of 40
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

How was it with NCO? I have a medical collection that I want to get removed. Who did you contact?

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

I lucked out on this one - or should I say I timed out. I called the number listed on my credit report intending to ask them to do a PFD. It turns out that they had already removed it on their end as of 12/2013 and said that it should come off the credit reports by the end of January 2014. I guess I'm just being impatient. 

Message 24 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

So as an update, I have had 3 baddies removed since I started, including one today which was an auto repo, reporting as a paid collection. YAY!!!!! 

My city has been shut down because of the weather this week, so today was my first day back in the office. I had a voice mail left on Tuesday from Danco, asking me to give her a call. I called her back today and she said she just wanted to let me know that it would be deleted from the credit file! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! I would have had to wait a whole year and a few months for it to fall off, so I'm grateful for the early bump. 

Danco - gone!

Sprint - gone! 

NCO/Progressive - gone!

(Note: they haven't come off the report yet, but I have confirmation that they will, and that's enough to make me happy!) Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

You guys are really awesome.

Thanks to some great advice from Notfancy, I crafted an email to send to Capital One, starting a GW campaign to have 5-6 lates removed. I wanted to make specific references to my account in my letter, so I had to call to find out how much my AF and APR are (I know it's a shame that I don't know, but I didn't). So the two minor goods that came from this:

1. I found out that my AF is $59, which is way higher than what CapOne offers on their products. I suspect this fee was carried over from HSBC, which is where I started out. I asked them to reduce it to $29, and I'm fairly confident that they will. 

2. When I called, the lady mentioned that she could see I wasn't enrolled in the online banking and explained why I should be. She said "well I see you have an offer here for QuickSilverOne..."  To make a long story short, I now have my first rewards card! Smiley Happy

I also requested a CLI, so we'll see how that goes. In total, I made 3 requests: GW delete of the lates, a reduced AF and a CLI. I did not request a PC because I got that over the phone without even asking! I'm happy! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 40
Thomased
New Visitor

• You seem to be doing well. I was thinking about asking capital one to remove my lates so maybe I will draft a letter for that this week. My biggest issue is my student loans. I will be caught up this month but it is hard to recover from being three months late. I'm not sure that salliemae Mae will even go for the goodwill if I catch up but I may write them anyway.
  • i will be paying my credit cards off in about two weeks and I am hoping that my disputes and goodwill letters go back soon with something positive. I was able to get my medical collection removed...not sure when it will come off though..
Message 27 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

@Thomased wrote:
  • You seem to be doing well. I was thinking about asking capital one to remove my lates so maybe I will draft a letter for that this week. My biggest issue is my student loans. I will be caught up this month but it is hard to recover from being three months late. I'm not sure that salliemae Mae will even go for the goodwill if I catch up but I may write them anyway.
  • i will be paying my credit cards off in about two weeks and I am hoping that my disputes and goodwill letters go back soon with something positive. I was able to get my medical collection removed...not sure when it will come off though..

I've learned that it doesn't hurt to ask. The worst thing they could do is say no. And then you just ask again. And again and again and again. 

As for your credit cards, be sure to pay them all down to $0 except for one. The last one you'll want to keep at <9%.

It's hard to recover from a 90 day late, but if the GW attempts don't work, just focus on keeping your other positives positive. Smiley Wink

For me, the hardest part is waiting for the baddies to come off after they agree to the PFD, GW, dispute, etc. That feels like forever! 

Message 28 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

I heard back from Capital One today and things didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but I guess it wasn't a total wash.

They declined to remove my lates and to lower my AF, but they encouraged me to apply for another card with a lower fee. Once my QS1 card comes in, I plan to call back and ask for the fee to be lowered again since it is advertised on their website as $39 even though the agent told me that I would have to keep my same fee ($59). We will see. However..... she did offer to waive the fee that just hit in January and issue a credit for $59. So for this year, I will have had no fee at all. Cool. :-)

As for my CLI, she told me to apply online or via the automated system. 

I won't be discouraged by this. I'm going to ask again for the CLI, the lower AF and the removal of the lates in a few months. 

Message 29 of 40
LadyLeah
Contributor

When I began, nearly a month ago, I had a CK TU FAKO of 579.

As of today, I've gained 9 pts with a FAKO of 588 (which would be higher if I had figured out my statement cut off properly - but I got it now lol). The increased points is a result of the Sprint collection falling off (+5 pts) and one of my new secured CCs reporting (+4 pts). I know my FICO is lower than that, but I'm glad to know I'm moving in the right direction.

Small steps.... 

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.