Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original creditor response

tag
LMD
Established Member

Original creditor response

Does the original creditor have to respond to a debt validation or pay for delete letter in Texas?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Re: Original creditor response

they have to validate, but if the debt its yours there is nothing you can do they will verify it, but 

1. pay them  

2. GW letters 

they dont really need to reply for a pay for delete..

anyone correct me if im wrong please

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 14
LMD
Established Member

That's the thing I wrote a debt validation letter an got no response twice. I sent them certified so I know they received them. The original creditor is first premier. I was jus curious if the HAVE to respond an if they don't can I then send the info to the CRA for deletion?
Message 3 of 14
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

i think only one that have to validate debt are collection agencies, but if you owe them.. just pay it and keep on.. FIRST PREMIER BANK its a pain to deal... i have a charge off with them.. trust me they will not do a pay for delete... unless youre really lucky..

GOOD LUCK 

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 14
LMD
Established Member

Is there a way I can find out if legally they have to at least respond to the debt validation letter? In Texas
Message 5 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Both the federal DV process and the TX state versioh apply only to debt collectors, not OCs.

OCs establish the validity of a debt via their prior billings, which are their statement that the debt is considered valid.

Texas Finance Code, Title 3

"Sec. 392.202.  CORRECTION OF THIRD-PARTY DEBT COLLECTOR'S OR CREDIT BUREAU'S FILES.  (a)  An individual who disputes the accuracy of an item that is in a third-party debt collector's or credit bureau's file on the individual and that relates to a debt being collected by the third-party debt collector may notify in writing the third-party debt collector of the inaccuracy."

Message 6 of 14
LMD
Established Member

Thanks roberteg, basically there isn't Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Debt validation is only for 3rd party collection agencies no matter where you live. 

You can do a direct dispute with the OC, which does fall under the FCRA.  And they do have to respond or they are in violation.

Message 8 of 14
LMD
Established Member

Ok. Thank u guiness56. One more question. My reason for contacting them ultimately is to get this debt settled an off my report, so will a direct dispute letter be the right letter?
Message 9 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Probably not.  There has to be some sort of inaccuracy with their reporting.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.