cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Jackals, such as Certegy, Cheksystems, etc....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other Jackals, such as Certegy, Cheksystems, etc....

So, do they and the lies, errrrr, uh information they "have in their file about you", fall under the same guidelines as the "big three" reporting agencies?  Must they remove information after 7 years?  Re-aging laws?  Etc.......

I was denied access to the full amount of my mobile check deposit from my bank b/c of information obtained from Certegy.  No big deal, just irritates me, as I KNOW for a FACT, any information contained in their files would be a MINIMUM of Summer of 2011, which would put it beyond 7 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Other Jackals, such as Certegy, Cheksystems, etc....

FCRA 603(f) defines a consumer reporting agency as follows"

• "The term “consumer reporting agency” means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties, and which uses any means or facility of interstate commerce for the purpose of preparing or furnishing consumer reports."

The firms you reference are consumer reporting agencies, and are thus covered by all of the provisions of the FCRA, including the right to dispute the accuracy of any item of information in your file with them (FCRA 611), and the requirment that the consumer reporting agency exclude any adverse item of information from credit reports they issue once that adverse item of information reaches the exclusion period for that information as defined under FCRA 605(a).

What is the specific item of information that you assert should be excluded from their credit reports?

The key is that the item must be considered an "adverse item of information."

Any and all adverse items have prescribed exclusion dates, either as one of the four listed adverse items in sections 605(a)(1)-(4), or if not one of those specific adverse items, then under the catch all provision of section 605(a)(5).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.