Did you mean: 

Overall Rebuilding Feedback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overall Rebuilding Feedback

@credit8502020 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@credit8502020.  If you are eligible for membership, Navy is a great Credit Union. The majority of the time, they will hard pull TU9 for credit products. They've been known to use EQ too.

For your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@AllZero wrote:

@credit8502020.  If you are eligible for membership, Navy is a great Credit Union. The majority of the time, they will hard pull TU9 for credit products. They've been known to use EQ too.

@AllZero 

Thank you! Yes. I'm a member of NFCU. I'm going to read through this thread. Thanks! I wish I would have started with a secured credit card years ago. However, I didn't so lessons learned and I will definitely share my lessons learned with others! Smiley Wink I was going to apply for a NFCU card, but my understanding was they definitely pull from TU. I'm going to call and probably apply via phone and ask if they will be using TU 9.

Maybe I should freeze my Equifax, just to be safe if they are also known to use EQ....

I was considering waiting until my AU Home Depot account posted to my credit report, but honestly, I don't want to prolong it since it could take months for Home Depot to report my new AU account. 

On another note, can you tell me the most accurate place to confirm my AAoA Average Age of Accounts & AoYA Age of Youngest Account & the correct utilization (aggregate) that is reporting on my report and how it is being calculated? Or are these just calcuations everyone is doing manually? 

@credit8502020 for your average age of accounts you must access your current data, look at the opening date for each account, truncat it to the first of the month for that month, and then calculate how many months old each account is and then take an average.

for utilization just see the Scoring Primer. It's already there are no need to repeat. You say youngest account but you probably mean youngest revolver. you can determine that by determining what your most recent account or revolver is that you opened.

Message 11 of 12
credit8502020
Established Contributor

Re: Overall Rebuilding Feedback

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit8502020 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero 

Thank you! Yes. I'm a member of NFCU. I'm going to read through this thread. Thanks! I wish I would have started with a secured credit card years ago. However, I didn't so lessons learned and I will definitely share my lessons learned with others! Smiley Wink I was going to apply for a NFCU card, but my understanding was they definitely pull from TU. I'm going to call and probably apply via phone and ask if they will be using TU 9.

Maybe I should freeze my Equifax, just to be safe if they are also known to use EQ....

I was considering waiting until my AU Home Depot account posted to my credit report, but honestly, I don't want to prolong it since it could take months for Home Depot to report my new AU account. 

On another note, can you tell me the most accurate place to confirm my AAoA Average Age of Accounts & AoYA Age of Youngest Account & the correct utilization (aggregate) that is reporting on my report and how it is being calculated? Or are these just calcuations everyone is doing manually? 

@credit8502020 for your average age of accounts you must access your current data, look at the opening date for each account, truncat it to the first of the month for that month, and then calculate how many months old each account is and then take an average.

for utilization just see the Scoring Primer. It's already there are no need to repeat. You say youngest account but you probably mean youngest revolver. you can determine that by determining what your most recent account or revolver is that you opened.

@Anonymous 

Thank you! 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.