Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock quick reported me

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Overstock quick reported me

I waited for the new cycle on my Overstock card, then bought some furniture. Planned on paying it off before the next scheduled statement date, but woke up this morning to a 8-point drop--because Overstock reported my balance already. So it's reporting at 80% utilization. If I pay now, I"m sure they'll be in no hurry to update. I know it's a temporary issue but it's frustrating when you're trying to work through a rebuild. It's like being penalized for shopping with them. And to add to the situation, the furniture hasn't even shipped yet. And they sent me a free shipping coupon, not good for previous purchases.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock quick reported me

Barclays did the same thing to me. New account, thy closed the first statement after just ten days and reported a $450 balance. Then when I requested the payment date be moved at the same time that I updated my address, they didn't close the statement for almost two months - I have one statement that covered 57 days. And instead of moving the payment date ten days like I requested, they moved it three days. Sigh.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember that Utilization has no memory. So think of this as a temporary blip on your credit. Pay it down and your score will bounce back. I ordered a table from them with their 12mos no interest and figure I will take time paying it off while I'm in the garden and take the Util penalty for a few months.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

cruznmore and OP what were your scores when you got the overstock card?

Message 4 of 8
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mid-500s. Got it with the shopping card trick. $500 CL originally 1/15, now up to $1,100

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine were in the low-600s. I used the shopping cart trick to get mine. Approved for $2k immediately and did a Luv button to get to $2300.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the opposite problem with Overstock...they take forever to update for me. I'm still waiting on a balance update from my statement over a week ago.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the elusive sct.... i know im just being impatient and need to wait for my scores to improve and time to pass before itll work, but it still saddens me when nothing pops up.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.