Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAM says they will delete?

tag
How2increase
Regular Contributor

PAM says they will delete?

Hey guys!!! I want to start off by saying THANK YOU!!! I've been able to increase my husbands score by 80 points!! I couldn't have done it without myfico!!

So I received a call today from professional account management, they said If we pay that they will delete. I asked them to either email me or mail me a letter stating that once I pay they will delete, they said no. What should I do now? I want it gone...should I take that chance? Has anyone been in this situation?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: PAM says they will delete?

Been there.  They (CA's) are usually pretty truthful with you (at least in my experience) when they say they will delete.  If they don't typically delete, then they will tell you that they don't.  I would say pay it and then give it 30 days to fall off your cr's.  If it doesn't, then I would GW the heck out of them - none stop until they delete.

Oh, even though it holds no legal weight whatsoever, I would still enclose the payment with a cover letter that says, "Pursuant to my telephone conversation on (date) with (name - or - your customer service representative), please find enclosed a check in the amount of $____.  This payment is to pay the above referenced account IN FULL.  In exchange for this full payment, I was informed that your company will immediately and entirely delete the collection tradeline from all three of my credit reports." 

Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Also agree. I only had a verbal argreement with one CA, and they deleted,.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 3 of 13
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! I just have to cross fingers and toes 😝 Thanks SO much.
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 4 of 13
How2increase
Regular Contributor

What do you guys think about recording the call?
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 5 of 13
tipofthespork
Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. I do most of my credit rebuilding while I'm at work. Only during down times that is! Lol. Anyways where I work every phone line is recorded for safety and security (aviation related). If I told the CA that my line was recorded could I then use that conversation as leverage if they didn't hold up their end of the bargin? Would that constitute an oral agreement?

Starting Score: 574(may 2012)
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 640 (to start)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Recording is only legally useful if the CA is harrassing you or calling you names, etc.  The CA is under no legal obligation to remove your derogatory information from your CR.  You would be hard pressed to find a judge that would be sympathetic to your case.  

The only use that the recording of the call might have is that you may get lucky and get a person at the CA on the phone that does not know that you have no strong legal recourse with the recording and therefore be more inclined to make sure the deletion happens.  So, that being said, it couldn't hurt. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Building a legal case in anticipation of their not deleting would be helpful should you ultimately bring legal action.

Few consumers are willing to take it to that extreme... attempting to enforce an oral agreement.

If they suspect you are doing so, they might just pull the whole deal off the table.  They are extending you good will.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk.  I think the potential rewards are worth it.

Message 8 of 13
tipofthespork
Contributor

Thanks for the input. Here's my scenario, I,think I'm going to have to bring legal action against 1 creditor: Pioneer military loans, $3375 DOFD was 4/2006. Charge off 9/2006. So drop off date was roughly 3/2014. Then in 9/2009 they made it appear that I had brought the account into good standing (I didn't. Last payment I made was 3/2006.) 10/2009 they beging to show the account past due again. New charge off date 4/2010. Making drop off date 10/2017. Same thing happened 6/2011 and now drop off date sats 1/2019. I've been gathering recorded messages where they all but admit doing this. They explanation was they wanted to give me a chance to fix my history With them. Last time I had any contact with them before now was 4/2006. Edit sorry I'm writing on my iPad and it,doesn't register the sentence separation for some reason

Starting Score: 574(may 2012)
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 640 (to start)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@tipofthespork wrote:
Thanks for the input. Here's my scenario, I,think I'm going to have to bring legal action against 1 creditor: Pioneer military loans, $3375 DOFD was 4/2006. Charge off 9/2006. So drop off date was roughly 3/2014. Then in 9/2009 they made it appear that I had brought the account into good standing (I didn't. Last payment I made was 3/2006.) 10/2009 they beging to show the account past due again. New charge off date 4/2010. Making drop off date 10/2017. Same thing happened 6/2011 and now drop off date sats 1/2019. I've been gathering recorded messages where they all but admit doing this. They explanation was they wanted to give me a chance to fix my history With them. Last time I had any contact with them before now was 4/2006. Edit sorry I'm writing on my iPad and it,doesn't register the sentence separation for some reason

Wow!  That sounds like an illegal re-aging scam.  I will defer to our local expert - RobertEG for this one.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.