Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY FOR DELETE ARRANGEMENT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAY FOR DELETE ARRANGEMENT

Good Morning everyone,

I am feeling a bit discourgaed. I called the one creditor on my credit report, made a payment arrangement for deletion. They sent me a letter in the mail verifying everything we spoke about on the phone.

One week and two days later, they still have not taken the agreed upon amount out my account. I called them back and asked what was going on. "Oh we are little behind with processing". Fine I left it alone. 

But low and behold, THEY UPDATED MY CREDIT REPORT! A new late payment when I was 10 months since since my last late payment. I called them again, " oh i don't why that happened. but we can't remove it. it was a mistake sorry"

I feel like crying. I am so discouraged by this. my credit score is low, my utiliazation is high, I am not in a place to get approved for any loan due to my low credit scores. But i am trying. and now this! 

6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: PAY FOR DELETE ARRANGEMENT

@Anonymous  Hi and welcome to the forums 

Could you clarify which creditor, type of account, and what exactly were you trying to get deleted

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The creditor is CCS

The debt is a medical collection

They aggreed to delete the collection accout for payment. 

Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thank you 

I'm still slightly confused on "late" payment. Collection agency cannot add lates, they can update monthly status. Does the new status reflects your payment? Is it showing $0.00 balance now but they are refusing to delete? 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new status doesn't reflect my payment. 

They updated my report on the same day as my payment was due. They never took the payment, the account still shows negative amount.

It it almost like I never contacted them at all. 

Message 5 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It seems like that was their regular monthly update 

If they took the payment information from you, they should process it. If they haven't by now, you will need to call them again and ask why the payment was not processed. If the payment is not taken yet, they cannot do PFD. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today marks my third time contacting them asking them about why they have yet to take the payment. "i'm sorry i will look into it and call you back"

i will just make sure that the money for the all payments is the account and leave it alone 

Thank you for your responses 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.