Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY FOR DELETE WORKS!!! +94

tag
rexbolt
Valued Member

PAY FOR DELETE WORKS!!! +94

10/12 - 12 Collection Accounts (9 Medical)

12/12- 0 Collection Accounts

Thanks so much to the My Fico Community. I lurked and read most of the time but your tips were invaluable. 

One CA owned 4 medial collections. I agreed to pay 50% and they were actually the ones who said they would delete them. They said they are having a lot of issues where people pay off the debts, then dispute it. She told me they were doing this as policy now, to avoid having to use $$ and hours to investigate disputes. 

The other CA owned the other 5 medical. At first, they gave me the song and dance about not being allowed to do PFD. I asked to speak with the manager, i explained my situation and eneded up setteling for 70% ( a lot higher than I wanted to go, but it was to remove all 5 collections which wouldn't fall off for another 3-4 years). 

The other 2 were utility bills (ATT and Aqua America). I simply called the OC and spoke with someone in accounts receivable. They were able to take my payment directly and recall the collection notice from the CA. 

Credit jump since October +94

10/12 - EXP 586

12/12- EXP 680

My Wallet: Amex BCP $19.5K | BOA Cash Rewards $15K | BOA Better Balance $10K | Cap One Venture $10K | Cap One QS $3K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | Barclay Rewards WMC $5K | Citi Simplicity $8.4K | Discover It! $2K | Huntington Voice $5K | PNC Cash Builder VS $17.5K | Total Rewards VS $12K | Sams Club $7.5K
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PAY FOR DELETE WORKS!!!

Awesome job!!!!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 19
astsmj3
Established Member

Re: PAY FOR DELETE WORKS!!! +94

what collection agency was it?  I have 4 left.

Congrats and thank you Smiley Happy

Amy

Message 3 of 19
electra
Established Contributor

Wow!! Great job, congrats!!  Any tips for talking to them on the phone?  I've been scared to call.  Just sending letters.

Message 4 of 19
Mama-j
Contributor

Congrats!! So close to 700 Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 19
rexbolt
Valued Member

"what collection agency was it?  I have 4 left."

The one that just did it, no hassle was First Federal Credit

The one I had to haggle with was Revenue Group

I really does think it depends less on the CA and more on the collector themselves. Like I said above, I wasn't getting anywhere with the agent on the phone, so I asked to speak with a manager. Don't be rude, just explain what you are looking for calmly and see how it goes. 

My Wallet: Amex BCP $19.5K | BOA Cash Rewards $15K | BOA Better Balance $10K | Cap One Venture $10K | Cap One QS $3K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | Barclay Rewards WMC $5K | Citi Simplicity $8.4K | Discover It! $2K | Huntington Voice $5K | PNC Cash Builder VS $17.5K | Total Rewards VS $12K | Sams Club $7.5K
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! 

Message 7 of 19
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Good for you.  It's always great to see the results of hard work.

Message 8 of 19
ficochat
New Contributor

That's excellent!

Message 9 of 19
tmobileguy
New Contributor

If we as a group, can keep hounding and hounding all the CA's, OC's, etc etc to delete, delete, delete, or make expensive for them not to...maybe more and more of them will change their ways and start establishing PFD's as policy more and more....Contrary to what they keep saying, they have no legal obligation to report their tradeline so deleting for payment is not against the rules or the law....Why all CA's don't do it is beyond me, their bottom lines would increase dramatically and they would be able to purchase more and more accounts and debt...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.