cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYED OFF EVERYTHING ON MY CREDIT REPORT AND SCORES ARE AROUND 581 WHAT TO DO NOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAYED OFF EVERYTHING ON MY CREDIT REPORT AND SCORES ARE AROUND 581 WHAT TO DO NOW

I PAYED OFF ALL MY DEBTS EXCEPT FOR MY MORTGAGE OF COURSE AND I JUST APPLIED FOR A SECURE CREDIT CARD TO START MY CREDIT OF ON A POSITIVE NOTE. NOW WHAT TO DO TO RAISE THESE SCORES
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: PAYED OFF EVERYTHING ON MY CREDIT REPORT AND SCORES ARE AROUND 581 WHAT TO DO NOW

Were the debts you paid good or bad tradelines?
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PAYED OFF EVERYTHING ON MY CREDIT REPORT AND SCORES ARE AROUND 581 WHAT TO DO NOW

An old trick..

1.   Wait 6-8 months since you last applied for anything.

2.   Build up a savings relationship with a bank or a credit union.  Maybe purchase a CD with them.

3.  After the wait time, go to a personal banker and ask for a personal, secure loan.  Use the savings/CD as collateral.  If you have 5k saved, then ask for a loan for 2k or 2500.  Never more than 1/2 of what is on deposit!

4.  When you get the loan, pay it back within 30 days.

In the old days, before direct deposit was really popular, the CU's would cut me a check and mail it.  Sometimes I returned it uncashed.  Sometimes I would cash it, then pay back my loan.  When they would ask why pay back so soon, I would explain that I did not need it like I thought, or the remodel project is on hold, etc.  Sometimes there was a little bit of interest due.  Most of the time, there was no fee because I paid it off so quickly.

They will still report on the CRA's that you had a loan, that it was paid in full early!

Let us know what you do! 

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Were there any collections or CO?  If so, and you paid them, your score will not improve.  Paid collections are looked at the same by FICO.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont know one was sprint that should have never been on there the other was verizon who settled and the third was a surgery that settled
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.