Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF did not work, now what?

tag
Evil1980
Valued Member

PDF did not work, now what?

The last six months I sent multiple PFD letters to 2 medical accounts and 1 utility account. Neither of them would remove from credit report if paid. So I paid the utility today and was wondering if there is a specific way to remove the medical from my reports. I only have two collections left on the reports. They do not fall off for a couple years. Again they will not except PFDs and I have tried getting them removed multiple times from my credit reports, still no luck. If I just pay them off will it improve my scores at all? What should I do since I am trying to purchase a home in a few months?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PDF did not work, now what?

@Evil1980 wrote:

The last six months I sent multiple PFD letters to 2 medical accounts and 1 utility account. Neither of them would remove from credit report if paid. So I paid the utility today and was wondering if there is a specific way to remove the medical from my reports. I only have two collections left on the reports. They do not fall off for a couple years. Again they will not except PFDs and I have tried getting them removed multiple times from my credit reports, still no luck. If I just pay them off will it improve my scores at all? What should I do since I am trying to purchase a home in a few months?

How big are they? How old are they? Most of the time the broker will not worry about older medical items. Take a copy of your reports in to the broker you plan to use and he will let you know whether they will need to be paid or not.

Message 2 of 11
Evil1980
Valued Member

All three collections were less than $1000 but I just paid $300 for the utility. I only have $600 left but I just want to make sure it will not damage my scores. 

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you can get the medical debt paid via insurance, then yes, you can get it removed.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Evil1980 wrote:

All three collections were less than $1000 but I just paid $300 for the utility. I only have $600 left but I just want to make sure it will not damage my scores. 

Depends on how old they are and if they have been recently updated.

Message 5 of 11
Evil1980
Valued Member

I tried to pay through the medical office and they will not accept payment since it is in collection. The collection will not give me a letter letting me know it will be removed once paid in full. I will probably just pay them this afternoon anyhow. 

Message 6 of 11
dmc917
New Contributor

@Evil1980 wrote:

I do not know if this is typical, but in October and November last year, I paid four medical collection accounts in full (due to remain on reports until 2018-19).  I wanted them to show as paid on the reports quickly (and not wait 30-45 days), so I disputed each one online and uploaded my proof of payment.  To my amazement, each CR deleted each account within a couple of days of the dispute . . . never to return.    

Good luck in removing yours.

Message 7 of 11
Evil1980
Valued Member

Thanks for the info. Thats what my plans are from this point forward.

Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

following this.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.