Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD COLLECTIONS -- Help...

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

PFD COLLECTIONS -- Help...

I'm sorry, I don't know where this should be posted. So I apologize.

So a friend knows I live on this website, she just gave me her SSN, DOB, a debit card and the login to her Credit Karma and asked to "Please help me get these collections off my credit report!"...

I don't want to mess up... Please help me do this correctly.

How do I PAY FOR DELETION?

They always want debit card number when you call to discuss...

So how do I get a letter saying "We will REMOVE upon payoff" if I already paid a payment?

IS IT OKAY FOR THEM TO EMAIL ME THE LETTER?

Thank you all so much!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: PFD COLLECTIONS -- Help...

If you have access to the credit report, you could always provide whatever info is on the report (typically the last 4 of the account). Remember lots of collections might be unknown or to old to remember so the CA should be used to not having a full account number or one at all. They should be able to look up on name/address or phone or SSN.

Regarding PFD, you’ll most likely see some differing opinions on that. Some will say snail mail CMRRR only, some will be OK with email. Ultimately what it comes down to... if the CA agreed to delete and then does not, the only recourse you have is to sue. Are you going to do so? If so, this is your evidence to give to a judge. Are you comfortable making your case with whatever evidence you have?

Regarding getting a PFD agreement, it must be done while you still owe them money. If you’re on payment 1 of 4, they still want the remaining 3 payments. That’s the only leverage you have to getting them to agree to delete. Otherwise if you have settled and owe them nothing the only thing you can do is attempt to Goodwill them.
Message 2 of 6
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

@RadioRob thank you so much!

The Collection Accounts are:

5 with ARS Account Resolution

Sunrise, FL -- ALL Medical

2 with Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

Renton, WA -- 1 is Sprint and 1 is Cox

1 with Central States Recovery

Hutchinson, KS -- Medical

1 with Conn's Furniture & Appliance

Oklahoma City, OK -- Installment Account NOT YET WITH A CA -- BUT ABOUT TO BE...

Do you OR ANYONE know about any of these CA's?

Any good news?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

NOTE: For all 5 of those ARS Collections -- she has a Letter of Charity from the OC (Hospital) saying they FORGIVE HER DEBTS due to low income...

Will that help?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Charmante wrote:

NOTE: For all 5 of those ARS Collections -- she has a Letter of Charity from the OC (Hospital) saying they FORGIVE HER DEBTS due to low income...

Will that help?

Absolutely, send a copy of that with the demand to stop collections and remove.

Message 5 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

Will that help?

The hospital will have to recall the debts from the collection agency. Have her contact the hospital to make sure they recall the debts.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.