cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD = Dispute

tag
tam69

PFD = Dispute

Sent a PFD letter to CA and they replied with a verification of debt and request I remit payment in full. I resent the PFD letter and they replied stating that the debt has been verified and they would report it to the CRA as disputed. What does this mean and what should I do now? Thanks for any help,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD = Dispute

Send them another PFD and make it clear it is NOT A DISPUTE but a request to pay in full for them to delete the account.

Also tell them since you NEVER disputed the debt to have the dispute removed from the CRAs.

They are using your PFD as a dispute and clearly it is not.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1, but keep it nice.

A PFD is a type of GW request.  I would say that there simply appears to be a misunderstanding, and reiterate your offer.

Message 3 of 5
electra
Established Contributor

Seems like this is happening to a lot of folks here.  Did you use this letter from the stickies as a template?  If so, that may be why.   It starts with this sentence: "This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed." 

I used that letter as a template and ended up with the same result.     Now I have no PFD agreement (never even got a response from them) and a "dispute" notation on the item on all 3 of my CRs.  Smiley Sad   Maybe one of the mods should edit that template?  Thankfully mine is a small amount medical so I'm now trying the Hipaa approach for it. 

Message 4 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@electra wrote:

Seems like this is happening to a lot of folks here.  Did you use this letter from the stickies as a template?  If so, that may be why.   It starts with this sentence: "This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed." 

I used that letter as a template and ended up with the same result.     Now I have no PFD agreement (never even got a response from them) and a "dispute" notation on the item on all 3 of my CRs.  Smiley Sad   Maybe one of the mods should edit that template?  Thankfully mine is a small amount medical so I'm now trying the Hipaa approach for it. 

+1

this happened to me alot at the start as well, which is why I NEVER use a template, ever. ever. ever. for a PFD or GW

I actually don't use them for disputes either. Every letter I write has a purpose, thought, meaning, and end goal. You cannot get that kind of personal attention from a template.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.