Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Fail, what am I doing wrong?

tag
buttercup415
Established Member

PFD Fail, what am I doing wrong?

I have multiple closed accounts due to disability/job loss. Now that I have my refund I want to prioritize the ones that can be deleted.

I called Care Credit (Synchrony) and the collections guy said Synchrony is one client that does NOT do PFD. He said he has various clients and their not one of them.  I also tried to work someting out with my closed Paypal/Smart Connect account (also Synchrony) and got nowhere.

After a long day of unproductive phone calls I called Comenity (Abercrombie/HSN) I got a very arrogant rep who told me there will absolutely be no deletions and he proceeded to lecture me on my "mindset" on how they extended me credit and I have the nerve to want it deleted etc.

I know some people write letters, which is my next step. Do I write to the address on the collection letter?

I was told more and more creditors have stopped doing deletions. This makes me nervous.

What should be my next step? THANKS

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Fail, what am I doing wrong?

I would send the PFD Letter to the collection agency address or if you can get the e-mail address of the CEO then I would recommend sending them an e-mail which I have done that with much success.

I have had great luck with PFD's and you just have to stay on top of it. You may get told no once but, you just keep sending and being persitent. 

This is definately not something that is an easy process.. Credit takes patiences and you need alot of them.

Message 2 of 7
buttercup415
Established Member

Thanks Timothylee

I was also told over and over "We are not a credit bureau and can't do anything regarding reporting" etc.

It was as if they all had the same script.

I will go ahead and send my letters. Fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

they know full well that they can send a request to the 3B for a deletion.  Keep trying.  Be nice, ask for managers.  Compliment the associate you spoke with while talking to the managers.  If they say no... Try again.  Dont stop trying but always be nice.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think people generally have a hard time PFD on the original accounts. Typically this is something that is done with collection agencies.

You will likely need to get them paid and closed, and then start a good will campaign.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with other posters, you have to keep trying, one call and one conversation doesn't cut it with these folks all the time. I had a medical bill I was unaware of because after the procedure I moved out of town failed to forward my mail to the new address. It went to collections, I called the CA yesterday and the first rep told me they would accept a PFD agreement but could not verify this in writing. I was very nice to her and thanked her for her time, then informed her I would need time to research my options and call back later. I did, and when I called back I explained to her very politely that if indeed I owed on this debt I am willing to take care of it but I need her "expertise" on what I can do to get a written guarantee of deletion before agreeing to pay. I should let you know that I politely declined to provide my identifying information and she was kind enough to respect this. She offered to speak with her manager about what can be done and get back to me. When I didn't hear from her later in the day, I called and asked for the manager as she had provided me with her name earlier on. Manager said, this is not our policy but if you can guarantee to pay this in full by 5pm today I will send you that letter right now before you make a payment. Got my PFD emailed to me stating these same terms, that I had to make the full payment by 5pm or deal is off. 

She then told me that they would proactively delete it from my TU report and I should check back on 4/15/17 as that is when they will send the update. Crossing fingers. I just said all this to say it took more than just an initial conversation and phone call to get to "Yes". 

Message 6 of 7
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

It would be helpful if you were to detail who owns the accounts and the exact reporting of the accounts on your CR.  This would include the original account holder as well as the CA if appropriate.  That way guidance can be specific.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.