Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Gone awry...They agreed to delete, but still shows as paid CO on TU and EQ

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

PFD Gone awry...They agreed to delete, but still shows as paid CO on TU and EQ

From 1996-2005 my Ex-DW ran up scores of mental health bills for our son. Then she refused to pay the bills, even though she carried the insurance. I have two court orders, one from 02 at separation, and one from 06 at divorce which specifically absolves me of responsibility to pay any prior medical bills.

I got physical custody of him in 06, and now he is a "drug-free" honor student!

I hired someone to help me repair my credit last August before I knew about this forum. They have succeeded in removing every single baddie from EX, and my score is now 756.

The only baddie on TU is a paid CO from July 2004 for $212. The DOFD was November 2002. I called the doctor's office and the lady said they would take $200 over the phone and then notify the CA. I gave them my CC info right then and paid it. I got a letter saying they had my money and had notified the CA. Now it shows as a paid CO with most recent activity as April 08.

Can I dispute this with TU as "creditor agreed to delete"?

Do I send GW to the doctor's office (OC)?

Is this HIPAA worthy?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Gone awry...They agreed to delete, but still shows as paid CO on TU and EQ

I would send a copy of that letter back to the OC and explain the situation. I wouldn't dispute because it is the CA reporting not the OC. The agreement was between you and the OC. Disputing it would likely cause the dispute to come back verified.

If you don't have that letter, then send a simple GW explaining the situation and ask them to direct the CA to delete.
Message 2 of 5
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD Gone awry...They agreed to delete, but still shows as paid CO on TU and EQ

OK

I have the letter from the OC.

I just ask them to please tell the CA to stop reporting?

4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Tell the exactly that. Mention that the OC agreed to have the the CA delete in exchange for prompt payment, which you did.
Message 4 of 5
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

PFD Gone awry...They agreed to delete, but still shows as paid CO on TU and EQ--GW Sent!

OK

Sent the GW letter.

Wish me luck.
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.