cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Letter Received - Expedite Deletion?

tag
SoDenied
New Contributor

PFD Letter Received - Expedite Deletion?

Hi Team,

TL;DR received a notification from Experian and Colombia Debt Recovery added $155 collection to my account. I know this debt isn't mine because someone took over the apartment but seeing how I was going to start the process for a pre-approval on a house the rep told me as a favor (I guess) he's willing to delete all negative information from all CRAs if I A, prove it's not my debt or B, paid it off in full. I did option B as it was the fastest for me...

The question:

• Called Experian to see if there's anything I can do to expedite this removal, rep says go to experian.com/upload, upload the PFD letter, call them back in 2 hours and have someone attach it to my account (this would start a dispute) and says they can probably get it resolved before 30 days.

Does this sound right? Isn't a dispute going to take 30-90 days? He said they just need to confirm the letter is legit and or they agree and they will handle it. Is there anything else I can do to expedite this?

The collection hit Experian and Equifax. Transunion is fine.

Experian 805 > 706 drop

Equifax 808 > 701 drop.

5 REPLIES 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: PFD Letter Received - Expedite Deletion?

According to the FCRA they have 30 days in most cases to investigate and respond from the date it was filed. There are exceptions that allow up to 45 days. They should be able to resolve it within a reasonable time frame. 

Message 2 of 6
SoDenied
New Contributor

So you're suggesting I dispute or upload the document? 

Experian told me what to do, Equifax did not. Will a dispute annoy the CA?

Message 3 of 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

It shouldn't annoy anyone... they'll either confirm it or deny its legitimacy when the CRA asks for confirmation if it even goes that far. The CRA could decide on their own to accept it as valid and remove it.. It could be resolved quickly (within a day or two, or less ymmv) by the CRA by following their instructions. The only faster way would be for the CA to have it removed. 

Message 4 of 6
SoDenied
New Contributor

Joe - you came through friend. 6 hours later received a dispute update, collection removed from credit report. unsure how they verified at 3AM but yolo.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

That's awesome news, congratulations!

They likely didn't confirm anything with anyone at 3am but rather acknowledged the authenticity of the letter on their own resulting in the speedy removal.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.