Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Letter

tag
cnnlov
Valued Member

PFD Letter

Any advice on a PFD/GW Letter?

I need to get two baddies removed from my CR, my problem is I don't question the validity of these accounts. They come from a hardship during the recession. I would like to PFD but i'm not too fond of the tone of the sample PFD's and would much rather a combo of the PFD & GW, but it needs to be effective. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: PFD Letter

I think the sample PFD letters can be too formal in tone - I had the best luck when I explained what happened, apologized, and asked for what I wanted. If it sounds like a form letter, who's gonna respond to that? Thinking of it like a GW is a good way to go.

If it doesn't work, you can always see about PIF-ing and then GW-ing later. Some creditors will not bend until they get their money.

Message 2 of 5
cnnlov
Valued Member

Seems like you're my goto guy/gal InvincibleSummer3 lol. Thanks.

Well I have an update already, I no longer have two baddies, now there is only one. I was going by an outdated report from 08/12. I printed out an EX report today and it shows that one derog had fallen off back in Jan, I was so happy. My score jumped 26 points. I'm sure my new account with FP Bank had something to do with it too as it helped with utilization.

Message 3 of 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Woohoo! That is great news. Only one baddie is a good number. Was the one that fell off the one you were going to write the letter for?

(PS - Gal. Must remember to get a more indicative avatar...)

Message 4 of 5
cnnlov
Valued Member

Yes I was going to PFD the heck out of that one because I didn't know who the original creditor was. Anywho, I was super excited. I am really on my way and I appreciate the support and knowledge on these forums.

Yay, Girl Power lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.