Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Questions

tag
SHAI
Regular Contributor

PFD Questions

My current scores are TU-429, EX-431, EQ-423. I just got PFD for 6 of nine accounts. The PFD are as follows: Verizon $65, $75,203. Imagine Master Card $794, T-mobile $446, 1st Continental $517. How much of a pint increase can I expect I still have three other collections I'm working on.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Questions

SHAI wrote:
My current scores are TU-429, EX-431, EQ-423. I just got PFD for 6 of nine accounts. The PFD are as follows: Verizon $65, $75,203. Imagine Master Card $794, T-mobile $446, 1st Continental $517. How much of a pint increase can I expect I still have three other collections I'm working on.

Anyone's guess. Unless these are really, really recent collections, I wouldn't expect that much of an increase.

You get dinged more for having a collection, then how many or amount, IMO.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Questions

Sidewinder is right...you get the biggest ding for having the collection, with the size of the ding being heavily dependent on the recency of the collection. Subsequent collections just increase your percentage of negative accounts, which is a far less influential variable.

The upshot of it is, if you're hunting down collections and charge-offs, focus on your most recent. Nailing the runner-up or the third in the pack will, unfortunately, not help your score more than a few points, if at all.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.