Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Succes!!!

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

PFD Succes!!!

It may take some time but PFD does indeed work. I had no problem with the CA Chase Receivables for a collection account. I DVed them and they responded with the proper validation. I then sent them a email PFD. They contacted me via email and I went ahead and called them with the number they left in the email. Two minutes on the phone and I agreed to pay the amount (I had already decided that I would pay even if not PFD as I live in NYS and the account would be deleted in a few months). The woman I spoke to told me that if I agreed to pay they would go ahead and delete the entire entry from all three CRA's and would receive a letter of confirmation within a couple days. The bill was only $69 but that is one less collection on my reports. That makes 2 deletions in 4 days!!!!!!

Gives me hope that all will be well with my deltions of a few more collection accounts in the next few months!!!!!!!

Good luck to all and remember you know the answer will be no if you don't ask for what you want........

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Succes!!!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 10
TerrenceATL
Contributor

Ccongratulations, keep up the good work. I would add a secured credit card (preferably BOA), a store card that pulls EX since that's your highest score and a CJ account to bump your score up some more. You have to add some positive revolving tradelines to your report. Deleting baddies plus adding positive tradelines equals higher scores.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 3 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@TerrenceATL wrote:
Ccongratulations, keep up the good work. I would add a secured credit card (preferably BOA), a store card that pulls EX since that's your highest score and a CJ account to bump your score up some more. You have to add some positive revolving tradelines to your report. Deleting baddies plus adding positive tradelines equals higher scores.

Do you think its too soon to start adding items?  I was approved for a CJ account but never bought anything.  I guess I can check and see if its not too late.  Do you have any suggestions on store cards?

Message 4 of 10
TerrenceATL
Contributor

No, its never too soon as long as you have the scores to get approved. The earlier you start the longer your history will be. You want to start establishing a long history of those positive checks or OK marks on your credit report. CJ is excellent to start on EX and TU, they don't report to EQ. On the store card issue I would check some of the credit pull sites to see what others have gotten it with. Try whogavemecredit.com or others. I would look for one that pulls EX if I were you since that's your highest score and thats a decent score for a store card or gas card. But you definitely need some positives reporting. If you have the money I would definetly get the BOA secured card since they pull EX and it will grow tremendously with you and unsecure after 9 months.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 5 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: PFD Success!!!

I think I will hold off until I am sure the PFD's are off my reports.  Both of them are on EX.  I will also try for a secured BofAM and see how that goes.  As I think about that, I have a Collection with BofAm as I had a MBNA account that was bought out by BofAm.  Would that hinder me?  I had planned to do a DV to get the ball rolling on that next week.  I will have the money by then to PIF once I get validation.

@TerrenceATL wrote:
No, its never too soon as long as you have the scores to get approved. The earlier you start the longer your history will be. You want to start establishing a long history of those positive checks or OK marks on your credit report. CJ is excellent to start on EX and TU, they don't report to EQ. On the store card issue I would check some of the credit pull sites to see what others have gotten it with. Try whogavemecredit.com or others. I would look for one that pulls EX if I were you since that's your highest score and that's a decent score for a store card or gas card. But you definitely need some positives reporting. If you have the money I would definitely get the BOA secured card since they pull EX and it will grow tremendously with you and unsecure after 9 months.

Message 6 of 10
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Congrats to you. What is a CJ account?

Message 7 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Crown Jeweler's
Message 8 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!
Message 9 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:
Way to go!

thank you!  It really makes me move forward to other baddies.....  I will get to 650 mid sooner rather than later and then I can go for the 700 club!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.