Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Success!!

Hi All!

Thank you all again for all of the useful information you've been providing, it has helped me to increase my scores pretty quickly. Before I started rebuilding, I had 5 accounts in collections, 3 of which have been deleted after disputing. The other 2 I disputed but weren't budging. So yesterday I sent an PFD letter via e-mail to Credit Collection Services for an account I had with an old Comenity card from 2015. They agreed to delete their tradeline if I PIF and sure enough, they did the very next day! It was the only collections left on my EQ report so my score shot up 65 points (happy dance).

I have one left with Caine & Weiner for Progressive Insurance that is showing on both TU and EX. I called them today and they are also agreeing to delete if I PIF. So excited to see what my other two scores will look like once those reports are collection free. My EX is so slow with gaining, probably due to the 32 inquiries Smiley Sad

12 REPLIES 12
Philly84
Established Member

Re: PFD Success!!

Happy Dancing with you! Congrats.

PFD works. I've had success with Midland, Portfolio, Caine and Weiner, and CCS. 

Rebuild Started 9/2018
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I was hesitant to try at first because I didn't know if they would lie about deleting their TLs. I'm happy to know you had success with Caine & Weiner because I didn't get it in writing before paying.

Message 3 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

My PFD worked also I am so glad they did for you as well I saw so many horror stories on why not to do that ....but the reality is me waiting so long to do it my score could have been so much better if I did it sooner rather than later...But lesson learned and Good Luck on the big jumps I am excited for you!!!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!!

I wish I had sooner as well but I was scared they would take my money and run. It was the fico forums that encouraged me to do it and it was the best decision I could have made.

Message 5 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

As long as you are smart about it and speak with a person and get their name direct contact tell them to send you an email (preferred) over letter stating they will remove it from ALL 3 by x amount of time once received payment then everything from there is all good!    Smiley Very Happy    I just hope people don't just blindly trust some people without setting up the needed steps in case they do try to say Oh I never received that payment or etc.....THAT would be a nightmare!

Message 6 of 13
counticecream
Valued Member

Just letting you know that for the Caine / Progressive tradeline, you may have to dispute through the bureaus to get it deleted. That's what I had to do for mine, but it was deleted within a couple of days after the disputes.

Message 7 of 13
Philly84
Established Member

Side note: Girlzilla I see you have the CFU in your sig. what was your fico8 when you were approved for that card? That’s my next goal card and I’m curious when I should app.
Rebuild Started 9/2018
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the heads up conticecream! I will definitely try that if they don't delete.

Message 9 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Philly84      I'm not sure what my Fico8 was at the time I applied I didn't learn about MyFico til this past month sadly But my middle score was 755 at the time I applied if that helps?!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.