cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD and other stuff

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

PFD and other stuff

Hey everyone. I will try to keep it short. All of my debt stems from moving overseas in fall 2014. I have Comcast, Directv, ATT, Sprint collections for a total 1403. I sent out PFD Friday. I have a repo from July 2014 that a company is willing to settle for 3K. Finally student loan for 4500 that I am starting to rehab and plan to pay off by February 2020. I plan to move back Sept 2020 and buy a house Sept 2021. A few Questions....

1. If the first round of PFD fail should i keep trying or just let it ride till they fall off? (mix of IC system, Enhanced, and Convergent)

2. The repo should I accept the offer or negotiate and try to get a PFD? i Understand I will get a 1099C to offset the difference. (Convergent has it)

3. Will the settlement re-age the debt? I thought it was based of DOFD and that can never change and the 7 years starts then The federal load I have to pay if I want a mortgage. Thanks for the help!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: PFD and other stuff

@jeiowa01 wrote:

Hey everyone. I will try to keep it short. All of my debt stems from moving overseas in fall 2014. I have Comcast, Directv, ATT, Sprint collections for a total 1403. I sent out PFD Friday. I have a repo from July 2014 that a company is willing to settle for 3K. Finally student loan for 4500 that I am starting to rehab and plan to pay off by February 2020. I plan to move back Sept 2020 and buy a house Sept 2021. A few Questions....

1. If the first round of PFD fail should i keep trying or just let it ride till they fall off? (mix of IC system, Enhanced, and Convergent) Depends on whether or not you will be apping for credit before they drop. I might try a couple of times and if they wont do it then settle to stop the monthly updating .

2. The repo should I accept the offer or negotiate and try to get a PFD? i Understand I will get a 1099C to offset the difference. (Convergent has it) I would ask them if they would do PFD but would not let it stand in the way of the settlement.

3. Will the settlement re-age the debt? I thought it was based of DOFD and that can never change and the 7 years starts then The federal load I have to pay if I want a mortgage. No, re-ageing is illegal the DoFD cannot change. If you rehab the SL and its in good standing at time of mortgage app then its not going to be a problem but it looks like you will knock it all out prior based on what you say here.

Thanks for the help!!!

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.