Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD but still on reports

tag
Twix
Valued Member

PFD but still on reports

I did a pay for delete on July 3rd for a collection.  I pulled all 3 reports today and it is still on my reports...

Should I start to get worried?  I have the letter they sent saying it was paid in full and would be deleted.  I am thinking maybe I should dispute to the CRAs and send a copy of the letter?  Would that help possibly?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD but still on reports

Give them a few more days. Some only update 1x per month.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the CA report on a cretain day of the month???...I don't even give them the time...if they have not already put the request in...when I received the deletion letter...I fax it to the CRAs...and TL gets deleted....some CAs put the request in to the CRAs...as soon as they receive payment...and some will wait until their normal reporting date...but you must know the CRAs are SLOW also...usually takes a week after the request is put in...to actually get deleted...
Message 3 of 5
Twix
Valued Member

Slyhouse,

I read earlier today on another forum when I was researching this that sending the PFD letter to the CRA could be a mistake because the CRA may think the collection needs to be changed to "Paid" and they will never delete it.

Is that a valid concern?  I was ready to send the CRAs a copy of the letter, but now I am unsure....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say not...make a copy of the letter..highlight the line that says the account will be deleted...and ask for it to be deleted...

My wife had a medical collection deleted...but before the company said they were going to delete...and only deleted it off EX...so wife did a dispute with TU...and said they agreed to deleted...and it was deleted...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.