Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD, how much to offer? Best odds?

tag
DubbaYou
Valued Member

PFD, how much to offer? Best odds?

I have two COs on my CR from credit cards, and 3 from store cards.  I want to PFD all of them.  There are CAs for all of them.  How much do I offer for a PFD?  Does the % you offer effect the odds of getting a GW from the OC?  I owe $1,300 each on the credit cards.  I need them removed, so don't want to get a deal from the CA and then be denied a GW later.

What's the best strategy to get the best chance at PFD

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Learning_Tee0225
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD, how much to offer? Best odds?

@DubbaYou wrote:

I have two COs on my CR from credit cards, and 3 from store cards.  I want to PFD all of them.  There are CAs for all of them.  How much do I offer for a PFD?  Does the % you offer effect the odds of getting a GW from the OC?  I owe $1,300 each on the credit cards.  I need them removed, so don't want to get a deal from the CA and then be denied a GW later.

What's the best strategy to get the best chance at PFD

I've never given them an amount to settle with the CA's will usually tell you what they will settle for. however you may find that they will only PFD if you PIF as oppsed to settling.

Credit recovery journey -Jan 2022
1/2022: TU: 557 EX: 521 EQ: 567
6/2022: TU: 630 EX: 633 EQ:640
Current Cards
Open Sky Secured: $300
Discover IT: $2000
Merrick Bank: 2K
Mission Lane: $800
Forever 21: $600
Apple Card $1500, NFCU Go Rewards $6700, Amazon $600, Kohls $750
Message 2 of 4
DubbaYou
Valued Member

My concern is that I will settle with the CA, they will delete but that the OC won't give me a GW because it was a settlement. 

Does anyone have experience with this?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you settle with the debt collector, knowledge of the OC of the settlement will depend upon whether the OC owns the debt at time of settlement.

If they do, they will be a party to the settlement.  If they dont, they wont know or care about your business with the debt collector.

I doubt seriously, with the collection being deleted and thus not viewable by way of  your CR, that an OC would ever, in handling a GW request, take the time to investigate its payment provisions back through the debt collector.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.