cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD in hand...what next?

tag
lemily

PFD in hand...what next?

earlier this month a medical collection appeared out of nowhwere and dropped my wifes scored alot (74 and 56 pts...but TU wasn't affected).  So I got a PFD and a letter stating so.  In a few days, her scores shot back up.  That was almost 2 weeks ago.  Yesterday, my wife's TU score dropped 56 pts.  It is because of this deleted collection. 

SInce myfico 3b doesn't update until August, I checked creditkarma and it says June 9 collection hillcrest (which is the one we have a pfd for).  I guess it took this long to hit with TU.

what do i do?  have my wife call TU and tell them about pfd letter and send to them?  or have them recheck?  or do i call collection agency and tell them it is still reporting with TU?  what does anyone recommend?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD in hand...what next?

Don't call the bureau b/c a pfd is a violation, and this could cause them to potentially not delete. I would call the ca and tell them they need to delete it per your pfd letter.
Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. Only call them to get it strsightened out. You don't want the CRA involved when it comes to PFD.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Contact the CA and inform them what has happened they should honor their agreement
Message 4 of 5
lemily

Thank you all for the help!  I wasn't aware I was about to create a mis-step!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.