Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD success!

AR Resources finally accepted my PFD. I sent them a DV, and they validated. I sent a PFD and received a NO! But, then they started calling, and I sent them another letter pointing out they were not to be calling, and included another PFD. They responded right away, and accepted. After this, only one more collection, on my CR's, and I have already dispute that one with the CRA's because they have not responded to my DV's.
 My score on EQ has gone from 540 to 669 in about a month and a half. I can't wait to see what it is when these last two are gone.
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and suggestions, I am so happy to have found this place!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD success!

Congrats
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great!  Congratulations!!
Message 3 of 10
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Hey.. Can you point me to the DO NOT CALL ME NO MORE letters.  I want to try this method with 2 companies.

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ceejay1978 wrote:
Hey.. Can you point me to the DO NOT CALL ME NO MORE letters.  I want to try this method with 2 companies.

I'd just sent a simple letter to them stating just that. The FDCPA mentions that your request must be in writing and they cannot call you to collect ever again.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...was that increase because of this one collection???...was this your only collection???...CONGRATS!!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... question, after you sent the DV to the CA, and they did not respond, you disputed with CRA? What did you send them?

I'm in Texas, and I've sent out a few DV's in the last 2 weeks. Since I am in Texas, they have 30 days to respond. What can I tell the CRA's if I don't get a response from the CA's in that time?

If the CRA's delete, what, legally, do the CA's or OC's have the right to do to me? Can they still sue or anything, or try to collect? My SOL is 4 years, and all my accounts are past that...

thanks.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

abc1121...the entry can be placed back on your report..if it was removed by disputing...so you can do all that..and the account gets placed right back on there...
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I see... so the only REAL way to get the item removed is for the CA or OC to do it themselves... is that right?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...by PFD...DV...or GW....directly with the source...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.