Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD with Convergent Outsourcing

tag
ocdcreditmonkey
Valued Member

Re: PFD with Convergent Outsourcing

Hello. I came across your thread while researching something for a family member involving the same collection agency. I am a touch confused by the last post. How can Convergent offer to settle a debt that you discovered they don't own? How is it you learned they don't own it and has anything more recent happened since this last post in March? Also, how does the account appear on your credit report...Convergent or Sprint?
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know the same thing! This sounds real fishy! If they are only collecting why are they on the credit report and not the original creditors? I’m having the same issue with T-Mobile I paid them in full and didn’t know they still had me in collections? I asked they why I’m in collections if I paid T-Mobile in full? They stated there’s still a balance! However my final bill stated one amount and that amount was paid in full (this all happened within one month). It seems that my account was sent to collections in 3/19 and paid in 4/19 and no one can give me answers. The representative then told me tmobile wrote off my account and there are collection fees?!! I inquired about why there’s collection fees when was collected. No answer the line went dead. Glad I recorded the conversation. What got from this T-Mobile/Convergent relationship is that after a certain about of days the account is written off even though you can still pay directly to T-Mobile and convergent has ownership of it.
Message 12 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to know the same thing! This sounds real fishy! If they are only collecting why are they on the credit report and not the original creditors? I’m having the same issue with T-Mobile I paid them in full and didn’t know they still had me in collections? I asnked they why I’m in collections if I paid T-Mobile in full? They stated there’s still a balance! However my final bill stated one amount and that amount was paid in full (this all happened within one month). It seems that my account was sent to collections in 3/19 and paid in 4/19 and no one can give me answers. The representative then told me tmobile wrote off my account and there are collection fees?!! I inquired about why there’s collection fees when was collected. No answer the line went dead. Glad I recorded the conversation. What got from this T-Mobile/Convergent relationship is that after a certain about of days the account is written off even though you can still pay directly to T-Mobile and convergent has ownership of it.

You would not have been able to pay TM had Convergent actually bought the debt. If TM recalled their collector prior to your payment then the CA should be removed completely from your CRs. If this was not done and you paid TM in full then their CA has no choice but to update to a 0 balance or their reporting would be illegal as they must report accurate information. How you handled his when you paid is going to dictate what direction you move.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.