Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD with no identifying info?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD with no identifying info?

Hello again!

I am ready to tackle 2 of the last 3 collections on my reports.  They are both with the same CA (Collection Service Center)- medical debt.  The problem is, I only have the first 4 of the account numbers.  They are on my Equifax report and for some stupid reason, Equifax can NEVER positively ID me and I end up locked out with no access to my credit report Smiley Sad  How can I go about sending a PFD without this information?  Will my name, address, and the first couple digits be enough?  I don't want to do anything that would cause them to revalidate, re-age, re-report, re-anything that they could possibly do.  Thanks for all your help Smiley Happy  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
aphrodite871
Valued Member

Re: PFD with no identifying info?

Are you trying to pay this debt? If you don't have any previous record of the debt, you'll have to call the CA and get the full acct number. If you are disputing then you shouldn't need the full acct number. You may have call them to dispute.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.