Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD ?

tag
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

PFD ?

Happy New Years to all my fab community credit peeps!

Quick question as I can't seem to find a concrete yes or no to this....does Central Portfolio Control do PFD?  Yet another old (set to fall off my CR early 2023) collections of $508 just mic dropped on my latest TU CR.  I have the last of my young, dumb and dumber 3 baddies set to fall off of TU on April 1 ish (offically expected date of removal is 10/2022 hence where I get April from) and then this one appears.  

Thank you as always for the pure awesome knowledge, gang!

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PFD ?

The only thing I could find on these guys here was 2 times. They tried to collect on a debt that was already paid to another CA. Disputed and deleted. 3 yrs ago they were trying to collect for another CA. So no PFD found. Who's the creditor they are collecting on? You can then try to pay the OC if they still own it and ask to have them recall the debt. If it was sold to CPC.

Message 2 of 12
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @FireMedic1 I am glad you couldn't find much on them either.  

The OC is JH Liquidating Trust.  This is my debt, 100%.  If I remember, I am thinking it was for a Victorias Secret card and Commenity was the bank issuer.  I believe the original CL was $500.  The time would add up correctly as I believe this card was opened in 2016 and that would explain the month/year that is says it will fall of my TU, which is 06/2023.  Do you happen to know anything about JH?  As always, thank you FM!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with central portfolio after a ghost account showed up on my report and dinged my score by 60 points. It was a $300 balance from Buckle 5 years ago that I had never seen any collection on before. I assumed I owed it and called them to pay it off. They requested a PFD from whoever they got the debt from and sent me that in writing. This was very recently so I'm still waiting to see if that actually happens. 

Message 4 of 12
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just spoke with central portfolio after a ghost account showed up on my report and dinged my score by 60 points. It was a $300 balance from Buckle 5 years ago that I had never seen any collection on before. I assumed I owed it and called them to pay it off. They requested a PFD from whoever they got the debt from and sent me that in writing. This was very recently so I'm still waiting to see if that actually happens. 

That is awesome news for you so please update once you have concrete info.  Also thank you so much, I feel a bit better about that but like you this debt is set to fall of my CR in just about 1 year so the age of the debt is very old.  Certainly out of SOL, but they dumped this JD on my CR's just in December so very much like yours....heres to hoping both have good endings either way.  TY @Anonymous

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely update here. Super frustrating because I was just about to buy a new vehicle with my 780 score and now I gotta wait. Smiley Sad. I will say the central portfolio rep was very nice to work with. Good luck to you! 

Message 6 of 12
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

100% agree on the frustration.  I also lost a bunch of points as well.  But at least it is a possible PFD and at the worst, mine is old.  Plus only $508 dollars.  I have three baddies that are all set to officially all off my CR 10/2022, so if the EE is what they normally do April those should fall.  If we can in fact utilize PFD for Central Portfolio I may just do PFD with them.  Thank you again, hopefully you get  it done.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I don't know yet is how much if any the halt of monthly reporting of delinquencies will help before the PFD hits. They reported delinquencies in December and January but with the account paid that should stop and it should show as paid at least. Why this showed up after 5 years of not being there is a good trick. My report updates on the 18th and I'm hoping for at least a small improvement. Need to get that car loan before interest rates get jacked up. Lol. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE - as promised the account was deleted and my score is back to 792. So Central Portfolio does what they promise, at least in this case. And it's been less than a month since I paid the collection. Very happy with this outcome. 

Message 9 of 12
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous that is fantastic.  Sorry to have flaked on replying sooner.  I work in health care and like everyoone else, flat out straight. I wanted to pop in and say congrats.  This is great news.  So central portfolio control did in fact PDF.  May I ask a few more details?  When you called to take care of this, did you ask if they PFD or did they initiate this route?  I am gearing up to call them next month after the 1st when those last 3 baddies are set to EE from TU and I want to put myself in the best position when calling them.  To recap, this one is set to fall off April 2023 and SOL is beyond collectable.  The balance owed has stayed the same, $508.  From everything I have read on this forum and with research, with my debt being so old and with them paying pennies on the dollar, I can probably get this paid for much less than $508.  But I don't want to do this w/o securing the PFD as we all know paid collections aren't meaningful from the credit score view.  I am super happy for you, it must have been a relief to see this worked out for you and you got your points back.  Any further details would be great!  Thank you so much!  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.