Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFDs Have Backfired on Me

tag
CarlyK82
New Contributor

PFDs Have Backfired on Me

So, in attempts of cleaning up some credit, dealing with some small medical collections on he fiance's credit report, I did a daily pull today as he has lots going on, and I saw that his FAKE dropped. No big deal because it is totally & completely random. So I scroll through & look...I noticed that one of the collection agencies that has several of his accounts have now reported their collections twice. Yes, I do mean that there is collections, same account number, same information listed, twice, two separate entries.

This is the same CA that I sent PFDs for these small collections to.and never heard anything back from them. I sent letters regular mail, I sent emails, and nothing back from them.

Some of these collections are due to fall off at sometime this year, so for those, it doesn't concern me too much.

But wow, what a bad deal.

I haven't tried calling them and actually, their office is about 30 minutes away from us...but that is just insane.

So instead of taking payment, they just want to play games like this? Oh, and I should do a side note, after seeing the double collections on his EQ report, I went and pulled a EQ report (just because it might have been a fluke of the 3-1 reports) and sure enough, they were reporting all 4 of their accounts twice.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: PFDs Have Backfired on Me

Sorry to hear. I have no experience in medical collections, but from what I have read and learned in my credit repair journey, is that medical collections are to be handled a bit differently. If you do a google search for 'Whychat', there is a section for medical collections that you can read up on. I have read some great success stories from using Whychat's method. Hope this helps and good luck.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFDs Have Backfired on Me

Send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), with the asserted inaccuracy being their duplicate reporting.

That will require them to either verify or correct by deletion of the duplicate reporting.

You may find that the error is on the part of the CRA.  If they reported under the same account, the CRA should have entered the reporting under that number.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.