cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP ME GET CONVERGENT OFF OF MY REPORT!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP ME GET CONVERGENT OFF OF MY REPORT!

I submitted this complaint to the CFPB:

After being contacted in writing by Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. on June 1st, 2020, and made aware of an alleged debt, I contacted Sprint regarding this account. I paid $834.26 directly to Sprint on July 5th and received a confirmation number of 123456789 for my payment. I am requesting that Convergent delete the tradelines on my credit report because I have paid the original creditor and they have no permissible purpose by law to report on my credit.

This is Convergent's response:

This reply is in response to your complaint we received from the CFPB. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We have reviewed the complaint and the related matter. As a result of our investigation we are replying with the following information: On 1/18/2017, Sprint placed this account in our office to collect a balance on their behalf of $834.26. We sent you several validation notices. These notices included your right to dispute the balance owed. Convergent Outsourcing received and responded to numerous requests for validation as well as requests for credit deletion in exchange for payment. Convergent Outsourcing does not accept payment in exchange for credit deletion. On 07/06/2020, Sprint notified our office of a payment in the amount of $834.26. This payment will be updated to the credit bureaus and they will be notified that the account is paid in full. Please note that it is Sprint’s policy to have its Outside Collection Agencies report any unpaid debt to the 3 major credit bureaus; If the customer reaches a settlement arrangement with the agency and pays the agreed upon amount the reporting will be changed to show a charge off settled in full. Sprint as a matter of policy does not remove the bureau reporting for paid debt as this would violate their agreement with the agencies and the credit bureaus. Sprint cannot make exceptions to this policy. In response to this complaint, your account will remain reported to the credit bureaus with accuracy. We sincerely hope this represents a satisfactory resolution to your concerns. I would invite you to contact our Compliance Department by Email at #COICompliance@convergentusa.com should you require further assistance. Kind regards, Compliance Representative at Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

From my understanading, none of this matters except that I've paid Sprint and Convergent has no right to report. How do I get them to delete their reporting.

5 REPLIES 5
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP ME GET CONVERGENT OFF OF MY REPORT!

Ok, I may be wrong and others can chime in and correct it. If it is their collection dept., did you try to get them to recall the debt? If not, the collection on your report can stand as you had a valid debt, that was being collected from a valid debt collector. Just because you paid Sprint off doesn't mean that it gets it off your report. If it was sold, Convergent has the legal right to collect and to post on your reports. If Sprint sold it, you may have gave Sprint free money as they have no legal right to collect anymore but still legally owe Convergent. So from what I am seeing, either way, Convergent can legally have it on your report. Like it or not.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They stated update will occur. With account paid and settled. Legally they've followed to the letter of the law. OC and CA are in no way required to delete. If reporting correctly, it can stay on reports for 7 years from DOFD.

You may try a GW campaign with OC. That's if they're reporting. Don't dispute again, it will come back validated. Further dinging score.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Deletions are a courtesy and some do it. Some dont. Neither one is in the wrong legally. If a CA buys a debt they can report as if they were the OC. Least it wont be counted as owed any longer and can age off in time. If everyone got a successful deletion after missing a payment for any reason. People would take advantge of it, skip a payment, and get a deletion. It will pass in time.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear. I'm suprised they just won't delete it since it's paid and they were notified. They were one of my last collections some months back and although my situation is slightly different, they removed the collections on my report immediately when I settled with them. It was gone off my reports within 2-3 days. I would just continue trying and hope to get someone who will delete.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.