Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP....... NEWBIE NEEDS HELP......NEED DIRECTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP....... NEWBIE NEEDS HELP......NEED DIRECTION

First and formost thanks in advance for any feedback or help or support!!!!!!!

2nd im just starting my rebuild and am totally lost on what to do next......here is where im at......

i have got 4 new CC's

1.) open sky cc SEC 200

2.) cap1 cc SEC 200

3.) credit one bank CC UNSECURE 400

4.) first premier CC UNSECURE 300

5.) finger hut freshstart 180

6.) Also a SECURE loan from the bank for 1000....did this to have a installment account....to get a mix of credit......just a few things i picked up in here.

So now I have a few positive things reporting......THIS IS AS FAR AS I GOT WHAT CAN I DO NEXT IM TRYING TO CLEAN MY REPORT I GUESS

NOW I HAVE DISPUTED THESE ACCOUNTS ON MY EX CREDIT PROFILE AND GOT 1 DELETION OUT OF 6

Only 1 item deleted....... SMH....not to excited about this actually this was a let down....almost let it stop me but i wont give up....

1.) What should be my next step in removing these baddies???

2.) Any1 hace any experiance with ANY of these guys?????

ENHANCED RECOVERY CO L
Account Number: 7777777 Outcome: Deleted

WELLS FARGO BANK
Account Number: 77777....Outcome: Updated

CENTRAL FINL CONTROL
Account Number: 7777      Outcome: Updated

ACCT MGMT RESOUCES LLC
Account Number: 77777    Outcome: Remains

CHASE
Account Number: 7777 .... Outcome: Updated

PENN CREDIT CORPORATIO
Account Number: 7777     Outcome: Remains

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP....... NEWBIE NEEDS HELP......NEED DIRECTION

First advice;

Dont let any new baddies occur - pay everything early and much more than minimum, preferably, PIF.

To give constructive advice on how to help with your baddies, we'll need more info on each one.

Like is it a CC or auto loan, or what?

What is the DoFD - date of first delinquency

How much is the default

Is it with a CA or is it with the OC

What did you dispute, and what was the outcome?

Any other major pertinent info.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was there bro. Got crushed in 08 when the economy went bust. was @ 390/410/402. Had many of the cards you have listed but never opened any secured cards. The fees are stupid. The best advise I can give is to pay on time thats #1, but also avoid new debt, and stay patient. It wont happen over night. As your scores get better apply for better cards, and close the super high rate ones. Its a process for sure, but dont feel like you have to hold onto that preimer bank card forever.  Seven years later my last public record rolled off and im 728/720/711(fico8). I hold only 5 cards(2 usaa/1 amex/2 citi) with a total credit limit of 42,000 untilization is always below 6 percent. Are you military or was one of your parents or grandparents military? If so def check out USAA. **bleep** cap one. Thats all I got Good luck. rayray out......

Message 3 of 8
800ficogirl
Regular Contributor

Good decision to start rebuilding your credit. The only thing you can really do at this point is pay on time, keep low utilization (less than 10%) and wait for baddies to fall off. I would avoid applying for more credit at least until all of your accounts are over 2 year old because applying too often became a problem for me as my score started to increase.. almost somewhat addictive.. applying too often is also counter productive point wise. You have some tradelines now just show you can manage them according to fico rules.. dont let more than 1 report a balance at a time and keep that one at 9%.. I know its hard with small credit lines but its just what u have to do until you have more room ($1000-$5000+).. we've all been there as you can check out my own personal story. Wishing you luck and patience.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First advice;

Dont let any new baddies occur - pay everything early and much more than minimum, preferably, PIF.

To give constructive advice on how to help with your baddies, we'll need more info on each one.

Like is it a CC or auto loan, or what?

What is the DoFD - date of first delinquency

How much is the default

Is it with a CA or is it with the OC

What did you dispute, and what was the outcome?

Any other major pertinent info.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REVIEW AND RESPOND......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....HERE ARE THE DETAILS LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO.....

WHAT TRIPS ME OUT IS ALL THE CRA'S HAVE DIFFRENT OPEN DATES LIKE SOME SHOW A BAL SOME SHOW 0 BALANCE.....ITS WEIRD.....

OC- WELLS FARGO.....SECURE CARD....OPEN 10/1/2013.....LAST PAYMENT 12/25/2013.....BAL 450......REPORTS DIFFRENT ON ALL 3 CRA'S....COLLECTION/CO

OC- CHASE AUTO.....CAR LOAN....OPEN 09/1/2011.....LAST PAYMENT 2/27/2012.....BAL 3650...... COLLECTION/CO

CA- ACCT MGT RES....MEDICAL .....OPEN  01/1/2011.....COLLECTION/CO.......BAL 1680

CA- PENN CREDIT.......CITY OF ATLANTA.....NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS???....OPEN 07/1/2014.....COLLECTION/CO....

Message 5 of 8
adifferentme
Contributor

Your own the right road! Looks like your headed in a promising direction also. Let your accounts age now and keep your util low & pay on time.
Don't let anything else go into collections. As your new reports report positive and your old negative reports get older you will see small changes. Don't give up!
I am also rebuilding. I don't have the extra cash to do any PFD's or pay any of my collection accounts yet but at the time I am building more positive payment history. I have 4 cards reporting & also a credit builder loan from my credit union. Good Luck!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

HERE ARE THE SPECIFICS :

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REVIEW AND RESPOND......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....HERE ARE THE DETAILS LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO.....

WHAT TRIPS ME OUT IS ALL THE CRA'S HAVE DIFFRENT OPEN DATES LIKE SOME SHOW A BAL SOME SHOW 0 BALANCE.....ITS WEIRD.....

OC- WELLS FARGO.....SECURE CARD....OPEN 10/1/2013.....LAST PAYMENT 12/25/2013.....BAL 450......REPORTS DIFFRENT ON ALL 3 CRA'S....COLLECTION/CO

OC- CHASE AUTO.....CAR LOAN....OPEN 09/1/2011.....LAST PAYMENT 2/27/2012.....BAL 3650...... COLLECTION/CO

CA- ACCT MGT RES....MEDICAL .....OPEN  01/1/2011.....COLLECTION/CO.......BAL 1680

CA- PENN CREDIT.......CITY OF ATLANTA.....NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS???....OPEN 07/1/2014.....COLLECTION/CO....

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.