cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! Need advice on Synchrony charge off with ERC. Settlement or Pay Full Balance??

tag
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need advice on Synchrony charge off with ERC. Settlement or Pay Full Balance??

@Winfoxee11 wrote:

@FireMedic1 @fury1995 

Discover still owns the CO of debt in the amount of $4369. I am making payments directly to Discover.

ERC is collecting on behalf of Synchrony. I just confirmed with Synchrony & they still own the debt. 

You are essentially making payments to Syncrony Bank via ERC. ERC does not own the debt as you confirmed with Syncrony. They offered you the settlement of $1,800 to settle the debt on behalf of Syncrony which you could try with Syncrony directly.

If that's your plan, get that in writing and make sure it states that the payment is going to Syncrony Bank for that account. You arent't likely to get the chargeoff removed but it will show $0 balance with a notation "settled for less than the amount due" which is ok. You want the reported balance to go away. The chargeoff will age off on it's own. You need your paper reports to get the most accurate accounting of that date of first delinquency. Same for the Discover account. 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 11 of 13
Winfoxee11
Valued Member

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need advice on Synchrony charge off with ERC. Settlement or Pay Full Balance??

@FireMedic1 

I"ve asked Synch twice to pay them directly and each time it's no. They refer me to ERC. So, I'll take the settlement with ERC and continue to chip away at Discover directly. THANK YOU!

PS- I'm a huge fan. Long time reader. I'm going to make another post with my scores & accounts in hopes of your advice and guidance Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just throwing ideas out there. Weird though. Bet theres a kickback in the background for ERC to do Syncs dirty work and dont want to deal with it as the owners. We just the little people. thanks!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.